X

Exhaust/Jet Kit Mod.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust/Jet Kit Mod.....

I know everyone has probably heard this discussion a thousand times already,so I apologize ahead of time!!I'm planning on picking up a full D&D exhaust(Race Pack/Black Satin),and a Factory Pro Stage 1 jet kit for my 98 Kat 600...Any opinions on this particular combo?!Would I need to pick up anything else(i.e.gaskets,degree advancers,etc.)to make this combo work,and get the best gains possible with a dyno tune?!Any feedback would be awesome!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
    http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
    Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Advancer would add to the whole package and it just so happens I am selling one here.

Better throttle response and quicker warm ups.

Tmod

Comment

Go with the Ivan's kit instead, and if financially possible get the advancer. You will be freakin set for engine stuff. Once it's all installed, be prepared for awesomeness
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Go with the Ivan's kit instead
        I disagree with that 100%. I prefer Factory Pro, but Ivan's is very good also, so the choice is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          I disagree with that 100%. I prefer Factory Pro, but Ivan's is very good also, so the choice is yours.
          so what are the differences in the kits? what makes one so much better than the other, i put the Dyno Jet stage 1 jet kit on mine?
          Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

The Factory Pro comes with a selection of main jets where the Ivan's kit comes with one set, If he is getting the D&D full system then he would be better off with the Factory Pro kit.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
              The Factory Pro comes with a selection of main jets where the Ivan's kit comes with one set, If he is getting the D&D full system then he would be better off with the Factory Pro kit.

Tmod
              And DynoJunk sucks BTW. The needle taper is incorrect and it's rich at 1 throttle position and lean at another. And with the 98+ kits they give you some way gay, too stiff diaphragm springs.

Comment

And DynoJunk sucks BTW. The needle taper is incorrect and it's rich at 1 throttle position and lean at another. And with the 98+ kits they give you some way gay, too stiff diaphragm springs.

wish i knew that back when i did it, retard at the dealership swore by dynojet... oh well
                Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Once it's all installed, be prepared for awesomeness
                  Indeed. I have the full D&D, 5* advance, and holeshot jet kit (all of it was $300 so give me a break on the holeshot). Pretty much exactly what you are going to do, and let me tell you, its awsome. You'll be very happy with everything.
                  Let's go riding!

Comment

Tmod
                    Good call. Adjustability is key.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

THAT is exactly why I like Factory Pro. If you swap to GSXR cams, or do anything to the cams for that matter. Do you think the 1 set of main jets that come with Ivan's kits are gonna work?

Comment

THAT is exactly why I like Factory Pro. If you swap to GSXR cams, or do anything to the cams for that matter. Do you think the 1 set of main jets that come with Ivan's kits are gonna work?
                        Hey, I don't particularly care, it doesn't effect me.

Power commander ftw

Comment

Tmod
                          For a slip-on,an Ivan stage 1 is fine(not much of a tune is needed),but for a FULL system,a more tuneable(Factory Pro)Jet Kit is needed in order to get the most out of the upgrade.....Makes pefect sense.
                          That's exactly what I'm looking for.....Tuneability is very important.I think I'm sticking with The Full D & D(Black Satin W/Race Pack),Factory Pro Jet Kit,and Factory Pro Ignition Advance Kit.I really appreciate all the very knowledgable advice from everyone,that's just another reason why I love this site!!I'll post pics,and let everyone know how it turns out.......
                          Last edited by neoshifter; 04-19-2009, 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                          Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Keep in mind I still have that advancer for sale, Cheaper than anyone else I might add.

Tmod

Comment

Power commander ftw
                              another excellent DynoJunk product.

Comment

Working...
                              X