X

need a new header....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new header....

hey guys so im new to the forum as well as a new kat owner. I'm looking to buy a new header because the one on my kat is rusty as all hell. i dont need a new full exhaust cause the rest of the piping is fine but the header is pretty much done for. does anyone know of a good place to buy one?! its for a 1990 gsx750. thanks in advanced for everyones suggestions. also if anyone lives in the milwaukee area i'd love to get together and go for a cruise

Are there rust holes in it?... If not, save yourself alot of hassle and just get some high temp spray paint. Wire brush (motorized if you have the tools) and it won't take very long at all to have a decent looking set of pipes again.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

As far as I know there aren't any holes so thank you for the great suggestion! Any special instructions?

Comment

Sand blast it and re-paint.

Comment

Nothing special, the cleaner it is before paint, the better it will stick and last. If you don't have access to a sand blaster, there are chemical rust removal processes that you can use as well that are pretty cheap and safe for that matter.

Like malt vinager. Soak a rusty part in that for 24 hours, and then the rust will brush right off.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X