Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Installing Replacement Engine - Carb sync?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Replacement Engine - Carb sync?

Details:
    I am installing a replacement engine from a 94 Katana 600 into my 97 Katana and will be keeping my current carbs and exhaust.

Question:
    Will I have to sync up the carbs?

well i believe you will from arsenic talking i bet you will but if it runs pretty good i wouldnt

Comment

Originally posted by sammjohnston View Post
      Details:
      I am installing a replacement engine from a 94 Katana 600 into my 97 Katana and will be keeping my current carbs and exhaust.

Question:
      Will I have to sync up the carbs?
      They may work, but as simple as a carb sync is to do (compared to swaping out the entire motor) I would suggest going ahead and checking them. Only takes a couple minutes. A make shift sync tool can be made very cheaply if you don't have one to check them by.

The vacuum is very likely to be different between the 4 cylinders with the new engine, and is the reason you may need to sync.

I don't think it is going to be different enough that the bike won't run... it is just that by doing the sync it will run more efficient, and you can make sure.

And that is what we all want right?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Perfect - Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X