X

exhaust cut?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust cut?????

i have a 92 kat and i was wondering how it would sound if i cut out the bouffles. My dad has a 03 vstar 1100 and he read on his forum that he could do it for his bike sp he did and it sounds amazing. almost like some after market harley pipes but not quite as extreme. jus wondering if any of you guys have heard wat happens with a kat? thanks

well, i have a post, but I cut my dented hindle can in half, then used the twobros repacking, sounds awesome.. Not quite the same as removing it, but there is less of everything..
    2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Been there, Done that!!!!!!

I recently cut both of mine out of the stock dual pipes. I like the sound but @ times it is a little loud (@ about 6,000 rpm's), there is some back pressure but not bad. I am planning on replacing with Vance & Hines full exhaust anyways. I would recommend just drilling some holes in the back and not removing the baffles, a fellow KR member suggested that. I would do that 1st and if not loud enough than remove them or get a D&D exhaust. Do what ya like and like what you do.
      ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X