X

Vance & Hines SS2R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance & Hines SS2R

Does anyone have this slip on and how does it sound compared to the D&D?

I don't think the SS2R is a slip on. At least for the pre 98 it's a full system. I have one on my 93 750 & I like the way it sounds. I'm not a big fan of D&D I think they're to loud & don't sound tuned. The V&H isn't quiet but it's not D&D loud.

Comment

Its alot quieter than the SS Vance and Hines system.
      Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by BWBuer View Post
        Its alot quieter than the SS Vance and Hines system.
        You are saying that V&H is louder than D&D? No way, I have had both systems and D&D blows away V&H. That's why I'm selling my SSR2
        Let's go riding!

Comment

I have heard a few V&H systems that put D&D to shame, Spraguepsycho is one of them.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The SS2R is a slip-on for the post kats, I don't think they made a SS2R for the pre's as it is a oval can system. You can make the SS2R system just as loud as the D&D by just changing the baffle. They are available for right around $30.00~$40.00. I think Sprague has the SuperSport system with the race baffle in it. That has a shorter round can.

Anyway I have the SS2R slip-on on my 06 750 and it has a nice tone while cruising (Don't attract cops) and when you roll on the throttle is comes to life, Still not as load as the D&D but I am running the quiet baffle.

Tmod

Comment

the SS2R system was a full system for pres. I'm pretty sure you can still get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                You can make the SS2R system just as loud as the D&D by just changing the baffle. They are available for right around $30.00~$40.00. I think Sprague has the SuperSport system with the race baffle in it. That has a shorter round can.
                Tmod
                actualy i have the race baffle in my oval ss2r and it really woke it up.on my 1100 it hits at about 6500rpm and really sings all the way to 11K. but the cops dont botherme around town
                Last edited by Katana1100; 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM. Reason: brain fart
                WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                We Will Always remember!
                sigpic

Comment

Does anybody have a sound clip?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    the SS2R system was a full system for pres. I'm pretty sure you can still get it.
                    Yes, you can, available from Dennis Kirk still.
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                    X