X

exhaust help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust help

i have a 97 kat and dont have alot of $ to change the whole exhaust so i purchased a d&d slip on from ebay 2 right side ones like a moron. so i just put on the right side welded it and sounds great. the shop said i cant put the other right side on the left so i drilled some holes in the stock muffler to make it sound even. will i lose hp by drilling the hole? it sounds pretty good but i want to make sure im not damaging my engine by doing this. can anyone help me? thanx

1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by bennyblanco View Post
      i have a 97 kat and dont have alot of $ to change the whole exhaust so i purchased a d&d slip on from ebay 2 right side ones like a moron. so i just put on the right side welded it and sounds great. the shop said i cant put the other right side on the left so i drilled some holes in the stock muffler to make it sound even. will i lose hp by drilling the hole? it sounds pretty good but i want to make sure im not damaging my engine by doing this. can anyone help me? thanx
      The only issues I can see with mounting the can on the other side would be if the can has non removable brackets that won't match up just right or your trying to use slipons with midpipes. Actually using the can won't be an issue either way, so if that is the case you could use it with some modifications.

Pictures of what the problem is would help greatly.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ill try to get a pic for you to show you so you can help. but on the other side where i have just the stock i drilled some holes near the center hole. i made like 10 little circles around the center. it sounds pretty good but i am damaging the engine or can i run like that? one d&d and one stock with the drilled holes

Comment

Originally posted by bennyblanco View Post
          ill try to get a pic for you to show you so you can help. but on the other side where i have just the stock i drilled some holes near the center hole. i made like 10 little circles around the center. it sounds pretty good but i am damaging the engine or can i run like that? one d&d and one stock with the drilled holes
          No, you won't do any damage. The can will have very little effect on your performance or engine, even if you removed the entire cap and baffles. It would just be rediculously loud.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanx.

Comment

Working...
            X