No announcement yet.
X

Lowered back now want to do front HOW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered back now want to do front HOW?

I have put 3" lowering link on the back, does anybody know how to do the front.
    2006 Kat 600 (My "cruiser"), 2008 R6 ("Play bike"). Love em both.

Loosen the fork clamps, let the bike drop, avoid potholes, speed bumps, cracks in the pavement, grains of sand.....

Comment

Are you playing or being serious?

Comment

He's being serious. If you drop the front of the bike 3" you'll have about .00025" of ground clearance, if that.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I understand. I will bring the back up 1" lower the front a bit. Six bolts on the triple corect?

Comment

It's easy to drop, Look to the side of the top tree, where the handle bars mount.
            There are Allen screws on each side (6mm allen key) loosen those.
            Then below that there is the black lower triple tree, it has two hex head screws (14mm?) loosen those slowly.. Keep them tight enough so the whole bike doesn't drop all the way.. But the bike has about 4" of front end travel, take out 3" and by the time you get on you will have 0.25" as Steve said...

Comment

keep in mind you will need to shorten your sidestand so your bike doesn't fall over when you try to park it
              89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

Working...
              X