X

Vance and Hines any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance and Hines any good?

Does anyone have a V&H on their kat and did they have to re-jet the carbs? I'm hoping to not have to do that.

Thanks,
    Michael
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
    He is the best there was and ever been.
    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Don't have one on my Kat but I had one on an FJ1200. It did not "require" rejetting. It did "benefit" from a "jet kit".

Comment

I have the SS2R slip-on for my 06 750 and love the sound and fit.

Rejetting is not required but I would advise to do it as it will perform much better.

Tmod

Comment

besides buying the jet kit, (about $90 or so), how much does it cost to have it put in? i had a 99 GS500E, i bough a V&H full system and a jet kit. I put both of them on myself but i screwed up putting in the jet kit, and i don't want to risk it again, especially since i just got the Kat a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mjangus89 View Post
          besides buying the jet kit, (about $90 or so), how much does it cost to have it put in? i had a 99 GS500E, i bough a V&H full system and a jet kit. I put both of them on myself but i screwed up putting in the jet kit, and i don't want to risk it again, especially since i just got the Kat a week ago.
          Get a Ivan's Jet kit and just install as he suggests and you won't need to fiddle at all.

Tmod

Comment

I'm tryin to aviod doin that kinda work as i tend to keep busy with other things like work and school. I also have a Honda 440ex quad that doesn't run and i haven't had any time to take a look at it. Do you know how much it would cost to have it put in?

Comment

No idea, Maybe you can find someone from this forum near you and they can help ya out.

My guess from a dealer though about $200.00

Tmod

Comment

oh ouch i'm not sure i'd wanna spend that much just to have it put in. i'll see if i can find someone that can help me out. unless there's anyone in Central Minnesota that'd be willing to. Let me know

Thanks,
                Michael

Comment

No, you don't NEED to rejet... I've got the SS2R, too. Like it a lot. But, a stage-1 and timing advance is about the best $200 you'll spend on a bike with a full exhaust.
                  "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

full system- rejet- 3-7hp gain

slip on- no rejet- <1hp gain

Comment

V&H sound great, I just wish their cans were a little more...aesthetically pleasing...
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        V&H sound great, I just wish their cans were a little more...aesthetically pleasing...
                        or affordable

Comment

You think that's bad...try an Akrapovic on for size...

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i have the full exhaust and dynojet stage 3 jets works great and its louder then ....

Comment

Originally posted by mike10562004 View Post
                              i have the full exhaust and dynojet stage 3 jets works great and its louder then ....
                              Are you talking Vance and Hines full exhaust? and what model is it? (the pipe)

Did u put in the jet kit in yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X