X

Slipons or 4-1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipons or 4-1?

As topic says, im twisted in my decision, whether to keep my dualpipes (as it is now) or to get an 4-1 system, can someone fill me in on why to do either part? cuz i personally think it looks cooler with duals out back, but thats just me.

And what slipons can i use?

//Rasp

use whatever slip ons you want. (that are compatable) leo vince, yosh, vance and hines. there are others. my cousin has a 4-1 pipe and it sounds obnoxious. i do prefer the look of the duals too.
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

unless you custom make a dual exhaust like blazerzr2 did. You can use nothing. They do not make "slip-ons" for stock dual pipes. The cans don't come off, you need to cut them off. You're garage say's you have an 89. Unless you have a full system, you have the OEM dual pipes. So what cowboy there said is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        unless you custom make a dual exhaust like blazerzr2 did. You can use nothing. They do not make "slip-ons" for stock dual pipes. The cans don't come off, you need to cut them off. You're garage say's you have an 89. Unless you have a full system, you have the OEM dual pipes. So what cowboy there said is invalid.
        Ye, my system is guaranteed stock duals, so my only choice to get a full 4-1 system then, and from that point i can choose my desired slip-on? or can i buy a slipon with the 4-1? Only problem is, all retailers i find are in the states, i need to find a scandinavian seller, pref online, but im stumped so far :/

//Rasp

Comment

it's not hard really. Find a 98+ 750 header. Get a 98+ oil pan and oil pick up. You can then use the 98+ exhaust system with ANY slip-on.

Comment

it's not hard really. Find a 98+ 750 header. Get a 98+ oil pan and oil pick up. You can then use the 98+ exhaust system with ANY slip-on.
            So a header (sorry, a bit new to all the english motor talk), whats that?
            U mean that a pre 98 only has 1 pipe out back?

Cause all i can find now to fit my beauty is a V&H, but thats a full kit and darn expensive

6695 SEK is approx 720$

//Rasp

Comment

easy there buddy. i must have been misunderstood. yes, my cousin has a full 4-1 vance and hines system. Chris here is right, they dont make slip ons for the duels. i assumed u were going to put a single pipe on (which would be compatable with the 98 header). in which case you can use any slip on you would like.
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:

Comment

personally I would leave your stock duels on the Kat and drill a few holes into the baffles. I did that on my old bike and it gave me more hsp, still sounded cool, and I was able to save up alot of money for some new gear

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                  personally I would leave your stock duels on the Kat and drill a few holes into the baffles. I did that on my old bike and it gave me more hsp, still sounded cool, and I was able to save up alot of money for some new gear
                  Now this english motorcrap again ^^

Baffles = ?
                  And do u maybe have a picture on howto?

//Rasp

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                    Drilling into your baffles doesnt increase your horsepower a whole lot. maybe a 1 hp gain. not even noticable. and if you drill into em, you can never convert them back to stock. think about it first
                    Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                      easy there buddy. i must have been misunderstood. yes, my cousin has a full 4-1 vance and hines system. Chris here is right, they dont make slip ons for the duels. i assumed u were going to put a single pipe on (which would be compatable with the 98 header). in which case you can use any slip on you would like.

actually the cobra f1s are a dual slipon set for the pre 750s they do require you to cut off the stock cans but not really a big deal and they are made for the center stand to clear and have the rubber hit point on the left side for the centratand too , i have thee on my bike and i just love the sound

Comment

true, and do they still make them?

Comment

A couple of people have responded on other threads that drilling holes in the baffles makes it sound like crap...maybe they did something different from Dreykat or drilled too many holes.

I know no one makes slip ons for dual exhausts, but is there a reason why it won't work (other than having to cut off the existing muffler and figure out a way to get the slip ons on them)?
                          -
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

true, and do they still make them?

well i bought my set new 3 weeks ago but it was from ebay so they may have been NOS but ill check into it and correct myself if they dont still offer them

Comment

I"m pretty sure the manufacture doesn't make them anymore, all you'll find is NOS.
                              here's a quick google search:

a 5 year old catalog doesn't have anything for a Katana
                              Last edited by arsenic; 03-31-2009, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X