X

fairing bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairing bolts

hey guys, quick question. i am trying to fix up my bike i got some plastics, and i am missing some bolts. do you think it is worth it to get a whole fairing bolt kit and replace all of them or should i just get some bolts from a hardware store. if so what size bolts and everything would i need for it.

and i know there is a post somewhere about this but i couldnt find them.
    i think im leaning towards the whole kit, cuz they will be all chrome, rather than painted and they will match.

also, any suggestions about where to get the kit? i saw one on ebay for like 40 dollars

thanks in advance
    "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Talk to Jimmy (HS2020).

I did mine all with hardware store bolts, etc. But, I should really do the bike bolts.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

i say go with the kit...
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

I get some at Home Depot , but I'm cheap and don't care how they look (right now ) so long as the do what they's 'POSED to . I was actually thinking about getting a bunch of stainless hex-heads so they'd all match without shelling out so much for a kit . Probably 1/4 of mine are hex-heads right now .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

try checking out Fastenal or MCS Fasteners.... they both caring anything you could want, or order it for ya. I got new hex heads and speed nuts from Fastenal, along with rubber gromets.

Comment

If you cant get them from HS2020 try www.bikebolts.com

Comment

BikeBolts works out of Cinci, I bet they're the best bet.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Might want to search the forums for people here who have used BikeBolts.

Not worth the money in my opinion. I should have gone the hardware store route. They are smaller, they have small plastic grommets instead of rubber grommets...I could go on.

If you have almost ZERO hardware it's okay. If not match up replacement bolts from a local place.

Comment

M6x25x1.0 is the size, you have your pick in what style, metal, and color :
                  Currently Riding:
                  1995 Katana 600
                  V&H Exhaust
                  Jet Kit

SOLD
                  2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                  1987 XV700 Bobber
                  REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

I ordered from BikeBolts about 2 weeks ago, Shipping was pretty fast, I ordered on a Monday and got the bolts that friday. I used Standard Shipping.

Now I needed a complete kit for my Katana which is an 02' 600, I had attempted to paint the bike and lost a lot of the parts that I needed for it to go back on. This included some/All of the rubber bushings (is that the right word?)

So I ordered the complete Bike Kit. The picture kinda makes it seem like it has everything you need

1. It does not come with the Rubber bushings...you still need to purchase these somewhere else.

2. It does not come with anything for the tank. No bolts, no Bushings, Nothing.

3. The kit is compariable to going to the hardware store and getting the right threading on a hex bolt.

Overall the kit is great for spare parts, but some of the Bolt Heads are just to small, Consider the Right and Left Side Fairing top bolt, near the gauge cluster, it needs a fairly large head, the kit instructions include a small head with a plastic washer and I could see the washer easily getting jammed in the screw hole with a good hit to it.

It pretty much the same with any of the larger bolts. You have the right threadsize but the heads and non-threaded spacing (Don't know how else to describe it, near the bolt head) is non-existant.

I would very much appriciate anyone that has an OEM bolt kit, this is working for my needs but I really like the OEM bolts and how they fit on the bike

Hope this helps anyone out.

Comment

I personally liked the bike bolts kit I got, $40 shipped, and got it 3 days later. They are just regular hex bolts, but there are so many different sizes that it was far easier to just order the kit. And with you being in Cincy already, it'll be next day probably! I live about 2 hours north of Cincy and the package went from cincy to Columbus to Toledo to Findlay and to me.

If you've got the money, do it!

Comment

Originally posted by NicCOConnor View Post

So I ordered the complete Bike Kit. The picture kinda makes it seem like it has everything you need

1. It does not come with the Rubber bushings...you still need to purchase these somewhere else.

2. It does not come with anything for the tank. No bolts, no Bushings, Nothing.

3. The kit is compariable to going to the hardware store and getting the right threading on a hex bolt.

Overall the kit is great for spare parts, but some of the Bolt Heads are just to small, Consider the Right and Left Side Fairing top bolt, near the gauge cluster, it needs a fairly large head, the kit instructions include a small head with a plastic washer and I could see the washer easily getting jammed in the screw hole with a good hit to it.
                        yeah, I got the kit from bikebolts too when I bought my katana with zero bolts, and all fairings off the bike. It worked to keep it in one piece, but I would rather have a FULL kit from suzuki.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                          It worked to keep it in one piece, but I would rather have a FULL kit from suzuki.

Exactly what I did. I got a new bike and now I use the BikeBolt kit leftovers (15 pieces or so) as backups. I keep them in my toolbag under the cowl because you never know
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                            yeah, I got the kit from bikebolts too when I bought my katana with zero bolts, and all fairings off the bike. It worked to keep it in one piece, but I would rather have a FULL kit from suzuki.
                            Have you priced a full kit from Suzuki? It's a lot more than ordering from BikeBolts. But, like you said, all the bolt heads are the right size already and don't need the washers. The other big thing is making sure you get enough of all the fairing bolts.
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

ebay has the bolt kit for like 20 $ go with it

Comment

Working...
                              X