X

Sportier Pre-windscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportier Pre-windscreen?

anyone on here know if anyone makes a sporty pre-98 windscreen i would really like a windscreen thats about 3-4 inches longer with a more pulled back curve rather than standing straight up. can it be done? has it? if anyone has anything like this or any ideas i would really appreciate hearing them. thanks in advanve guys.

I've had several screens on my Kat, and to be truthful, the wind's going to be a factor no matter what you get. That's part of the sport/cruiser niche.... and also why we ride. Invest in a good helmet, and learn to enjoy it. On truly windy days, learn to get down on your tank.......or consider buying a Goldwing.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

actually the wind isnt an issue but i dont like the looks of the stock windscreen its too stubby id like it longer and fuller sportier in looks i mocked something up today using a 96 zx6r screen but i would need to do quite a bit of reshaping and some plastic welding to make it work

Comment

Yeah, what he said.

Really, the Pre Kat 750 screen is about as tall as any manufacturer makes (got a ZeroG and it's noticibly taller than the OEM). But, still, that wind's gonna be there no matter what.
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

i dont want taller as much as swept back and longer its purely a looks thing and the wind is not an issue i rode the bike naked a full season and for a while considered going streetfighter with it i want it to look slightly more modern SS bike and im thinking that short of rigging a modern SS bike upper fairing up to fit and look good that a sportier looking windscreen is the best way to do it

Comment

Okay I think everyone is not understanding you question.You want a screen thats curved downward more to like like the newer bikes instead of just a rectangular piece of plastic?
            1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

i want my windscreen to make my front fairing look more like say a modern gsxr front fairing
              Last edited by pnkrckr0915; 03-29-2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by pnkrckr0915 View Post
                i want my windscreen to make my front fairing look more like say a modern gsxr front fairing
                Did you consider cutting it to suit what you want...painting it with Krylon ?
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by pnkrckr0915 View Post
                  i dont want taller as much as swept back and longer its purely a looks thing and the wind is not an issue i rode the bike naked a full season and for a while considered going streetfighter with it i want it to look slightly more modern SS bike and im thinking that short of rigging a modern SS bike upper fairing up to fit and look good that a sportier looking windscreen is the best way to do it
                  May cut your head off

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                    May cut your head off
                    ?

and i considered cutting up a damaged screen from my buddies kawi and painting but the problem is i want a larger more bubbly screen not something smaller

Comment

i do appreciate you guys trying to help me on this by the way

Comment

Oshkosh, WI eh? We will need to get together for a ride sometime this summer. You should join the Wisconsin Social Group that Nitros222 started. Great way to see what the fellow Wisconsinites are up to, and maybe find some new riding buddies... As for the windscreen I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Comment

Heat one and bend it to suit you .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Check here also.

bmw, ducati, triumph, yamaha, kawasaki, honda, suzuki, dr650, aprilia, cagiva, harley, buell, ebr, bimota, indian, ktm, moto guzzi, motorcycle windscreens, screens, shields, Motorbike screens, eaglescreens, fairings,oem, laverda, bike screens,
                            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                            X