X

Fully Adjustable Drop/Lift Links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully Adjustable Drop/Lift Links

Well, I have been sitting on these for too long, and finally got a couple minutes to get a couple pics of them mocked on my spare swingarm. These links are courtesy of Tmod here on the site, he machined them and had the cad plated for me. I'm kinda the guinea pig on this for him to make sure they work well enough for him to make some more to market out. I'll say this right now before anything else-Tmod is one hell of a machinist.

Without further ado....here come the pics....

As you can see, the turnbuckles are threaded at both ends for full range of motion, and they are right/left threaded too, therefore you never have to take them off to make an adjustment, you just have to turn both links at the same time to not get anything in a bind. Jam nuts were also provided to keep the adjustment locked once done.

This upper jamnut may prove to be a bit tricky to get to once on the bike with a standard wrench. A 'crow foot' type socket may do the trick though, we'll find out once they are installed on the actual bike.

Another thing, M14x140 Black Oxide Hardened socket head bolts are what I needed to get these on since the threaded ends are about twice the thickness of the stock dogbones.

I will do my best to get them installed monday and get some more pics up, along with a bit more info on how well they turn/adjyst once installed on the bike itself.

To Be Continued.....
    Last edited by teddy; 03-28-2009, 10:32 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

make sure to let us know how they go

Comment

damn those are nice
      Chrome Project Part 1
      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Very nice... I'm hoping a pre set is in the works as well.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Damn that Tmod does nice work.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Ohhh perty

would you need the top jam nut ??
            How about doubling up on bottom
            Left hand thread on bottom on one side , right on other???
            just a thought
            Last edited by rexazz2; 03-29-2009, 08:19 AM.
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

good stuff i still want to ride that bike of your teddy so i can feel the differance with that new swing arm.

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                Ohhh perty

would you need the top jam nut ??
                How about doubling up on bottom
                Left hand thread on bottom on one side , right on other???
                just a thought
                No need to double up, as the center piece is a "nut" in it's self. But I think your right, there isn't a real need for more than 1 locking nut theoreticly. Only the center can turn, as the two ends will be held in place by the mounting of them. 1 nut to lock against the center would prevent any adjustment from occuring no matter which end it's on.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Those are freakin' sweet! Love it.

Might have to keep that in mind for myself...
                  sigpic

“Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.”

“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.”

Immanuel Kant

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    No need to double up, as the center piece is a "nut" in it's self. But I think your right, there isn't a real need for more than 1 locking nut theoreticly. Only the center can turn, as the two ends will be held in place by the mounting of them. 1 nut to lock against the center would prevent any adjustment from occuring no matter which end it's on.

Krey
                    Ok guys hold up on the redesign of the links, The jam nuts do serve a purpose besides being a pain to tighten. The average thread percent engagement is 75% which leaves 25% clearance. What would happen if ya left a bolt loose on a engine mount or something that has constant movement? Yep the bolt would wear very rapidly and then fail. Do we really want a bolt to fail under teddy that holds the suspension basically together? I don't think we do. And I am sure teddy would agree.

Tmod

Comment

I'll get it tight somehow.....I've crashed before, and it SUCKS.

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Teddy you should be able to get it fairly easy when the suspension is mounted and in the bike as the top of the link is easy to get at with the side plates removed from the frame. If anything the adjuster sleeve itself may be a little difficult to get at. But we shall see shortly.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                          Ok guys hold up on the redesign of the links, The jam nuts do serve a purpose besides being a pain to tighten. The average thread percent engagement is 75% which leaves 25% clearance. What would happen if ya left a bolt loose on a engine mount or something that has constant movement? Yep the bolt would wear very rapidly and then fail. Do we really want a bolt to fail under teddy that holds the suspension basically together? I don't think we do. And I am sure teddy would agree.

Tmod
                          just a thought , don't get your panties in a bunch
                          Really how often are you going to adjust , once set up ,FO GETA BOUT IT
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

At least twice a day... I mean, what's the point otherwise?...

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                              At least twice a day... I mean, what's the point otherwise?...

Krey
                              Honestly, these could get adjusted quite often. I still have a short swingarm, as you can seein the mock up pics, so swapping it out and raising it for trackdays is not out of the question by any means. Then, we have several bike shows around the area every summer, so I could slam it right before I roll into the show, raise it up a bit for the ride home....

Comment

Working...
                              X