Building lowering links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teddy
    replied
    yes, they would...neonjeffie has something similar on his pre he made at his work, just used spacers down at the knuckle to make it work.

Leave a comment:

• johna600
    replied
    those wouldnt work for a pre. at least i dont think they would

Leave a comment:

• teddy
    replied
    I have them, and actually finally just got the bolts for them on Friday. I haven't had time enough to get them on the bike yet. M14x140mm bolts are what it too to get enough thread all the way through the links and sleeve on the swingarm. I'll get some pics of them on my spare swingarm monday put up so you all can see how they are going to work, then I'll get them on the bike itself. Can't wait!!

EDIT!!!!!
    i made some time here a few minutes ago to get the mock-up pics done, started a new thread
    here----> http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95317
    Last edited by teddy; 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Tech
    replied
    Hey Tmod that makes two of us I would like to know how much they would set me back also.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Those look sweet! I would love to know what that would set me back if you would consider making more. PM me if you don't wanna post a price here.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Tmod
    replied
    Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
    wow that looks nice.. you make those T ?
    Yep made those and gave them to teddy, Don't know if he tried them yet or not.

Tmod

Leave a comment:

• kidblooper
    replied
    wow that looks nice.. you make those T ?

Leave a comment:

• Tmod
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Well I would love to hear from them about how they are working, what they did, how they look, so on. Being able to change it on the fly seems like a great option.

Krey
    Here is how they look.

Of course the ends are now gold cad plated and the sleeve is 304 stainless.

Tmod

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
    Some one here made a set.
    Hmmmm.
    Well I would love to hear from them about how they are working, what they did, how they look, so on. Being able to change it on the fly seems like a great option.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Black_peter
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Hrm... I've been looking at getting an adjustable set of links.

Some one here made a set.
    Hmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Hrm... I've been looking at getting an adjustable set of links.

Not the solid ones with multiple holes, but the fully adjustable threaded ones. I've seen several options for the various SS bikes, but still looking for someone that offeres links for the Kat. Might have to make some.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Truck Tech
    replied
    thanks for the info. got one almost built.I went 1/4inch longer hole to hole. found out the torch is not my friend I suck at using it. Things went much better with the die grinder with a cut of wheel.

Leave a comment:

• teddy
    replied
    I used 1"x1/4" plate steel for the links I used to run. 1 inch of drop is about 3/8 of an inch longer on the link.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Honestly, once everything is said and done... safety should be the top concern no matter how cheap you are.

ne-oublie or however you spell his name will fabricate a set exactly as you need them with no guessing.

Leave a comment:

• johna600
    replied
    your new links that your makin needs to be about a half inch longer i think

Leave a comment:

Working...
X