X

Building lowering links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building lowering links

I'm a cheeeeep a$$ so I'm going to try and make my own lowering links. I just need to know if i'm lowering my bike 1.5 in does the links need to be 1.5in shorter than OEM?
    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Good question. I don't think it is one to one.. But you can figure it out with some card board..

Comment

your new links that your makin needs to be about a half inch longer i think

Comment

Honestly, once everything is said and done... safety should be the top concern no matter how cheap you are.

ne-oublie or however you spell his name will fabricate a set exactly as you need them with no guessing.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I used 1"x1/4" plate steel for the links I used to run. 1 inch of drop is about 3/8 of an inch longer on the link.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

thanks for the info. got one almost built.I went 1/4inch longer hole to hole. found out the torch is not my friend I suck at using it. Things went much better with the die grinder with a cut of wheel.
            2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Hrm... I've been looking at getting an adjustable set of links.

Not the solid ones with multiple holes, but the fully adjustable threaded ones. I've seen several options for the various SS bikes, but still looking for someone that offeres links for the Kat. Might have to make some.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                Hrm... I've been looking at getting an adjustable set of links.

Some one here made a set.
                Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  Some one here made a set.
                  Hmmmm.
                  Well I would love to hear from them about how they are working, what they did, how they look, so on. Being able to change it on the fly seems like a great option.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Well I would love to hear from them about how they are working, what they did, how they look, so on. Being able to change it on the fly seems like a great option.

Krey
                    Here is how they look.

Of course the ends are now gold cad plated and the sleeve is 304 stainless.

Tmod

Comment

wow that looks nice.. you make those T ?

Comment

Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
                        wow that looks nice.. you make those T ?
                        Yep made those and gave them to teddy, Don't know if he tried them yet or not.

Tmod

Comment

Those look sweet! I would love to know what that would set me back if you would consider making more. PM me if you don't wanna post a price here.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Comment

Hey Tmod that makes two of us I would like to know how much they would set me back also.

Comment

I have them, and actually finally just got the bolts for them on Friday. I haven't had time enough to get them on the bike yet. M14x140mm bolts are what it too to get enough thread all the way through the links and sleeve on the swingarm. I'll get some pics of them on my spare swingarm monday put up so you all can see how they are going to work, then I'll get them on the bike itself. Can't wait!!

EDIT!!!!!
                              i made some time here a few minutes ago to get the mock-up pics done, started a new thread
                              here----> http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95317
                              Last edited by teddy; 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                              X