X

How To Lower My 06 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Lower My 06 Kat 600

New to the site like to say hello. But to the question, I was thinking of lowering my 06 Kat. I would like some input on where I would get the parts, how hard it is to lower it and the effects, handling ect..
    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

welcome to KR..
    I lowered my bike 1 inch in front and rear. I purchased my rear links online, but i believe someone here makes them. I did noticed that the front end dipped pretty badly, but otherwise the handling was ok. I have since raised the front back up .5 of an inch up and the dip feeling is way better.
    To adjust the front is a matter of sliding the front forks down by loosing the 6 bolts on the triple tree (fairings removed). to lower the rear you need lowering links to replace the stock links on the rear shock. Its a little PITA to get to but not to bad.
    I'm a short guy and im almost flat footed in sneakers and fully flatfooted in my boots.
    2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Ok, first of all welcome to KR second of all its fairly simple but you can make it complicated depending on what you want to achieve.

I have an 01 600 with some links made by ne-oublie on here and they lowered my rear about 2" and i slid the front forks up lowering the front about 1.5", took maybe an hour or so, a buddy will make this process alot easier as well.

The rear links run along side of your rear shock assembly and simple by replacing those you cange the rear geometry and lower it. Be advised too low and you may rub your exhaust on your rear axle bolt so if this is a issue pull it out and switch sides.

As for the forks there are 2 sets of clamps on each fork tube, you will have to remove your innder fender lining to access this easy. Take off your front calipers, wheel and then you will loosen then clamps and twist 1 fork at a time while applying upward force, some PB blaster might help at the top of the forks. Measure when done to insure a smooth and equal front suspension.

the affects are not bad, you will feel a little faster turn in hence the lower center of gravity and it will be a little stiffer of a ride but not bad by any means.

Hope this helps.

bike pic http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93922

Ryan
      Last edited by Idrivetoys; 03-25-2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys could you tell me how much the rear link are. and do you have to do the fender eliminator kit.
        Last edited by Truck Tech; 03-26-2009, 10:10 AM.
        2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Here is a How To on the fender elim.
          A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
          mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Thanks to the previous posters on the lowering of the '06 600 kat. Was wanting to do this also.
          Whats the most they can be lowered by chance?
          R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

That is one way of lowering a bike. Think I'll try something just a little different than that.

Idrivetoys I noticed that you don't have a chain guard did you have to take this off to lower it that far.
              Last edited by Truck Tech; 03-26-2009, 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

it did not come with a chain guard from the previous owner, if you message ne-oublie he can quote you some links shipped, he poste din my thread linked previously

Comment

Working...
                X