Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

do all gsx motors have the same exhaust port spacing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do all gsx motors have the same exhaust port spacing?

hey guys i have got a guy who has a set of gsx750/1100 headers for sale, are all gsx750/1100 and gsx600f have the same exhaust spacing ? will these fit on my gsx600f ?

thanks brenton
    1988 "redheaded step child" 600

That looks like a set for a GS750/1100 not a Katana
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I don't know what that header you linked is..

But from what I've seen, all GSX / Katana 600 and 750 engines from 88-06 have identical exhaust port spacing...as older and newer headers will BOLT UP to the engine...the fit issue is the difference in oil pans.

Comment

they are listed up as gsx750 headers , so if they are actually gs750 then they wont fit ?
        cheers brenton

Comment

judging from the header design and the mounting brackets attached to it, 1) I'm sure they wont work the way they set
          2) It would be mighty hard to fab them to fit

Currently Riding:
          1995 Katana 600
          V&H Exhaust
          Jet Kit

SOLD
          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
          1987 XV700 Bobber
          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

I have a tendency to go ahead and buy it... put it on and see if it fits.

If yes, your good to go, and you can let us know what works.

If no, relist it for sale for cost+shipping you paid as the starting bid, or higher...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The exhaust listed is for a gsx katana the (real air cooled beast not your bike)

in answer to your original question the port spacing is the same on all the bigger air cooled & the oil cooled bikes but the problems lie in fitting around the sump & footrest hangers

tone
              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

well im glad the exhaust ports are the same spacing , i can always bend and adjust the other bits , the collector seems to be well made, im not to fussed about the muffler as i have a few around i can make fit. guess ill pay up and seem how it fits.
                cheers brenton

Comment

i have a chance to pick up a stock gsx1100 header and twin pipes , do you guy reckon the after market aircooled pipes would be better than the double gsx1100 oilcooled pipes ? the after market ones are twice as much i might be able to pick up the 1100 ones for 50.
                  cheers brenton

Comment

well it seems that the aircooled one have flanges of 45mm where the ones for the 600 seem to need to be around 40-41mm to fit into the head ? is the stock size for a 600 40mm flanges ??
                    cheers brenton

Comment

Working...
                    X