X

Which of these are better???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these are better???

I have been searching for an aftermarket exhaust for my '06 Kat 600.
    Have seen Vance and Hines, Scorpion, and D & D. Looking for cheaper, but am aware that you get what you pay for, so.....

Just wanting to get others opinions before I buy.
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Are you looking for a full exhaust or a slip on?
    sigpic

Comment

They're all the same, just different sounds, pick the noise and look you like.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

To me- Scorpion and Yoshimura were close. D&D was too loud and I've never heard a V&H. I went with a Yosh RS3 slip on. Sounds good, looks good, good price and EASY to install. If you go Yosh, take my advice and trim the gasket that comes with the bracket about an inch on either side.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I'd go with the Scorpion, D&D = too loud. This should give you an idea http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...ips/index.html
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I like the sound of a two brother im thinking of retro fitting one to my bike lol
            sigpic

Comment

If price is the main object, you can't beat a modified stock can from a 98 to 02 model.
              Second lowest price would be a used slip on but you often don't get your choice of brands.
              Third is new and pricewise Katman's post covers the one's that usually can be found a low prices. Of course the difference in price of slip ons is not very large for most brands, which puts you back to chosing the look and sound you prefer.

Comment

D&D haters...

May you all (especially Free Coffee) go blind.
                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                Semper Fi

Comment

Psssh- I keep riding behind -YOU- and I'll be DEAF way before blind.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Scorpion hands down, no repacking, 50% off a new one if the you damage the original. Parts411.com has the best deals on them and fast free shipping. And the sound is freakin great! edbean has a vid on you tube.

Comment

I had a V and H on my kat. I liked the sound, looks, and performance. And the full system was only a little over $300.

Comment

Yoshimura RS-3 looks, sound... what's not to love...

Comment

hey i just put on the scorpion slip on .a couple of weeks ago! there are great go sound and easy to in stall.i got mine from kneedraggers for 261.49 shipped it took two day and i had it .i think parts 411 has it cheep to and free shipping .i would check both when you look it up just look up a 05 katana i have a 06 but they havent updated the years on the site. its the same for 1999 to now but on kneedraggers that how you will find it .i watch the videos they dont do it justice .you wont belive the soud its sweeet!!!!!!!!
                          • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. Not looking to do full exhaust, just a beefier sound for cheap. May try the stock mod and see how that works.

Alright, I went on youtube and listened to dif. exhaust systems and I have to say the scorpion sounds the best to my ear. Thanks everyone!
                            Last edited by 06katanarider; 03-20-2009, 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

V&H or Scorp is my top two choices
                              ~Life is simple make a choice and dont look back~!

Comment

Working...
                              X