X

Which exhaust is best??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which exhaust is best??

I have an 01 Katana 750 with stock pipe and I am wanting to put on an aftermarket this year. Im kinda leaning toward Scorpion but Im just not sure yet. Any thought/suggestions?? Also, I guess I need the can and mid pipe...is that correct??

It's all personal preference. You're in Canada, get a Hindle. Hindle exhausts rock out loud.

Scorpion Two Brothers D&D Yoshimura Micron Arata Arrow Akrapovic Vance and Hines Staintune LOR Beet Moriwaki etc...

There are a ton of options, there is no best, there is the one you like the most.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      There are a ton of options, there is no best, there is the one you like the most.

*Caviat* Unless you're going with a full system (headers, mid, and pipe) to accompany a jet kit and possibly air filter. In which case there are "Better" and "worse", and all expensive as heck.
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Get the scorpion

$270 http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...1760C8753.aspx

Lifetime warrantee, NEVER needs to be re-packed, stainless, sounds AMAZING, and if you drop your bike you can return it for 50% credit to a new one.

Heres a fly by video I made for sound. (please excuse the squid gear)
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miRirl-rEms&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - scorpion[/ame]

Comment

Ditto Hexkrak. Just stick with slip-ons. The full exhaust isn't really worth all the extra effort. I have a full D&D that I do like but if I had it to do over again I would have figured out a way to just do slip-ons. Then I wouldn't have had to mess with the jetting & air filter and stuff.
          'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
          ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
          ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

just any slip on will give that sound you want to here .. like a 1000cc sound and if you ever ride two-up get the carbon fiber so they wont get burned

Comment

Originally posted by gimmefuel View Post
              The full exhaust isn't really worth all the extra effort.
              As much as I hate to say it, I agree with this statement. On newer fuel injected bikes it's not so bad (power commander and an hour of tinkering to get a good map) but on carbed bikes it's such a pain that it's almost not worth it. He said can and mid pipe so I assumed he is only getting a slip on, so the only difference is which sound you like.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Does the scorpion come with the mid pipe??

Comment

Originally posted by Canada kat View Post
                  Does the scorpion come with the mid pipe??
                  yes, midpipe, brackets, can, screws, etc.

Make sure when you take off your stock exhaust that you protect the wire mesh ring between yer headers and the old midpipe to keep the exhaust gasses from leaking.

Comment

Working...
                  X