X

Bar ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar ends

I hate to put this new thread up with only a little bit of searching, but I need to know soon. I am going out today to get new bar ends for my pre98 600 kat. What size screw or whatever fits it? I would just take the stock ones and compare, but I don't any. I will keep searching, but any help would be much apprciated.

Alright I may have found my answer. 7/8" diameter is what i found..?
    Last edited by j_wal; 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

It's an M6 I think, but I can't remember the length.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

alright. I got another question searching through other forums. How do i lock them? I read the stock ones are on with lock-tight, so what/ how do I do that? or should i be fine without doin that?
      'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

You can get loctite or a similar product at just about any hardware, or auto parts store, and I would definitely suggest using it.
        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Alright, thanks guys. I guess thats pretty much it then

Comment

Blue loc-tite to start. Don't use the red stuff unless you are serious.
            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

alright. I think i read that in another post. Blue is temporary and red is permanent

Comment

Red is more than permanent... it's like... forever even with a large hammer and a bad disposition.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  Red is more than permanent... it's like... forever even with a large hammer and a bad disposition.
                  the tiniest of drops makes breaking red loctite equivalent to inflicting bruises on yourself. I know I have. Had to do it by hand with a screwdriver on my carbs, and my hand hurt for the next 3 days.

use blue, you will make sure it is sealed and still be able to service it with a little elbow grease

Comment

If you want some uber COOL bar ends PM Cheriff, he makes them from stainless.
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

well, add a bit of heat from a pencil torch, and loctite is MUCH easier to remove.

pencil torch on CARBS is contraindicated

See My Garage for mods...
                      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
                      X