X

It's Hindle Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Hindle Time

Ok so the title was a poor attempt to make an MC Hammer or "Hammer" joke.

Basically I am ready to finally order some new exhaust. I have come across some Hindles on Ebay which even include a warranty, but they do not include the mid-pipe. So, what I am thinking is that I order the Hindle can on ebay, then order the mid-pipe assembly from one of their vendors. My question is related to the hanger. Does that usually come with the can, or is it a part of the mid-pipe purchase??

Also, most of the cans I see on ebay say "race cans" but also say "stealth". Since part of me does like the D&D, I am thinking that the "supersport" will be more up my alley. Can anyone comment on the differences between the two hindle lines?
    -2000 "750"

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
    Ok so the title was a poor attempt to make an MC Hammer or "Hammer" joke.

Basically I am ready to finally order some new exhaust. I have come across some Hindles on Ebay which even include a warranty, but they do not include the mid-pipe. So, what I am thinking is that I order the Hindle can on ebay, then order the mid-pipe assembly from one of their vendors. My question is related to the hanger. Does that usually come with the can, or is it a part of the mid-pipe purchase??

Also, most of the cans I see on ebay say "race cans" but also say "stealth". Since part of me does like the D&D, I am thinking that the "supersport" will be more up my alley. Can anyone comment on the differences between the two hindle lines?

How much are you spending? Heres a link to buy just the midpipe $98 http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...9897C8419.aspx

Take a look here... im 99% sure you cant beat their price for a complete exhaust setup (meaning can and midpipe OR full system)

D&D slipon $222 http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...9262C8296.aspx

D&D full system $555 http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...9272C8296.aspx

scorpion slip on (my fav) $271 http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...1762C8754.aspx
    Last edited by IndyGunner; 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Buying the mid pipe seperatly almost negates the perceived "low price" for the hindle.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thus why I said, you might as well just get a system... there are plenty of other brands and styles at 411. They have round,oval, carbon, satin, polished, etc. I suggest taking an hour or so and going through their catalog. Remember too, 411 has free shipping over 99 bucks.

Comment

On a website named ExoticSportbike, the Hindle mid-pipe is $109.99 and the carbon can is $469 for grand total of $579+ shipping. There are some carbon Hindles on Ebay for $250 + the $99 midpipe Ed pointed out would make it ~$350+ shipping. I would definitely go with that.

The amount I can spend before the wife would divorce me is around $600. Definitely $500 ($600 if someone buys the cowl I have for sale). I do like the idea of a full system, but that isn't going to happen with Hindle for $600.

---

So Ed makes me think of another question. How much advantage is their really with going with the full system? I mean, I would like new shiny headers but am I going to loose bottom end for a top end gain? (I do have an Ivan's that would need adjusted).
          Last edited by Cheriff; 03-19-2009, 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            On a website named ExoticSportbike, the Hindle mid-pipe is $109.99 and the carbon can is $469 for grand total of $579+ shipping. There are some carbon Hindles on Ebay for $250 + the $99 midpipe Ed pointed out would make it ~$350+ shipping. I would definitely go with that.

The amount I can spend before the wife would divorce me is around $600. Definitely $500 ($600 if someone buys the cowl I have for sale). I do like the idea of a full system, but that isn't going to happen with Hindle for $600.

---

So Ed makes me think of another question. How much advantage is their really with going with the full system? I mean, I would like new shiny headers but am I going to loose bottom end for a top end gain? (I do have an Ivan's that would need adjusted).

Well, if you think about an engine as a giant pump then the idea of increasing header size and flow should be self explanatory. Personally, I have stock headers and have never had a motorcycle with a full system... so I cant tell you. I CAN say that putting a slip on will give you MAYBE 1 hp... a full system can get you anywhere between 3-10 especially if you have your carbs jetted. So im not sure you would lose any power anywhere...

oh and I just want to note that the midpipe is actually $95.96 (just short of the free shipping) id suggest trying to buy a sticker or some brake fluid (cheap) to make up the difference. (free shipping over 99)

Comment

DON'T BUY FROM EXOTICSPORTBIKE!!!!! Customer service is lousy and they shipping takes forever......ordered my 2bro's in Jan, did arrive for month. when i called to question the delivery time i couldn't get anyone on the phone.......... My 2 cents
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I think ebay is just a bad idea in general. You take a chance on customer service and product quality just to save a buck. I mean if you know who it is (arsenic) then its great, but id rather buy from a company I know will be there if my **** f*cks up... not to mention parts 411 shipped my scorpion in 3 days.

Comment

The reason I thought that power might be reduced in the lower RPM's is that any time a bandit header conversion is mentioned I see warnings for loss of low end torque.

Anyone with a full system of any type have some input to the advan/disadvantages?

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
                  DON'T BUY FROM EXOTICSPORTBIKE!!!!! Customer service is lousy and they shipping takes forever......ordered my 2bro's in Jan, did arrive for month. when i called to question the delivery time i couldn't get anyone on the phone.......... My 2 cents
                  thanks for the heads up.

On separate note, I think some of the Hindles online are direct from Hindle. If you go to there site they are getting rid of their stock, and will no longer accept direct orders. In the future you will only be able to buy from distributors.
                  Last edited by Cheriff; 03-19-2009, 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

---------

After a brief search I found a few posts saying that a full exhaust on the Kat really isn't worth all the effort into tinkering to get it right - then there still isn't a big difference.. I think I am going to stick with a slip-on set up for this bike.
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

I'm just saying... buy something that has everything in the box.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I bought the FULL Hindle SS system, with the Titanium can (super sport baffle). With tax and shipping etc it was around $916

Price Break down by part:

Front section (Includes header, collectors, elbow (midpipe) and mounting hardware) $574

Muffler (round full titanium) $324.95

Total $898.95...plus shipping and tax.
                        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I would love to do that, but after the alimony expenses I would have to add, I probably still wouldnt be able to get it

Now that I think of it though, it would be here first,,, then the alimony
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

As to the sound, I had a 22 inch titanium oval Hindle race can on my 04 750 and it had an excellent tone. Volume level was acceptable at light throttle and low r's. I could ride right by the constables without a second look. On accel and at high r's it did make people hear me coming but was a couple decibles lower than a D&D.
                            With the header welds smoothed out and that pipe it definitely needed the Factory Pro jet kit. It was "weezy" in the mid range and flat at 9500 to 11000.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
                              As to the sound, I had a 22 inch titanium oval Hindle race can on my 04 750 and it had an excellent tone. Volume level was acceptable at light throttle and low r's. I could ride right by the constables without a second look. On accel and at high r's it did make people hear me coming but was a couple decibles lower than a D&D.
                              With the header welds smoothed out and that pipe it definitely needed the Factory Pro jet kit. It was "weezy" in the mid range and flat at 9500 to 11000.

Your description of the sound is exactly what I am looking for. I have heard very similar descriptions from others who own one.
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                              X