X

Are the post 750 and 600 mufflers different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the post 750 and 600 mufflers different

I'm working on a project 01 600. I was installing the factory system and had a problem. I'm using a 04 600 kat header and a 00 750 kat muffler. The problem is when I lineup the mount at the header connection. The footrest one won't lineup, off by inches. After looking at pictures, I think the rear footrest mount bracket on the 600 is back more than the 750 muffler. Does any one know if this is true or not? Or can measure the 600 bracket with a common point of referance?

The 750 did have a longer swingarm, So it would not be a stretch to think Suzuki would make them different.

With a welding lead, cutoff wheel and some 2" pipe, you should be able to get it.

Comment

I can tell you from experience that they are different. The mid pipe support bracket is in a slightly different location, enough so you can't use both supports front and rear. When I modified my 600 can to fit my 750 I just took off the bracket at the mid pipe.

As a reminder note, if you remove the bracket or even just leave the bolt out, remove the mounting rubber and steel sleeve from the frame as it will vibrate out and fall to the ground somewhere miles away from home and you'll never be able to find it. It's about ten bucks at the local stealership.
      Last edited by GregS; 12-24-2008, 09:23 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Well looks like I'm in the hunt for a 600 muffler than. Thank for confirming what I though was the problem.

Comment

the post 750 and 600 have the SAME swing arm If your working on a project, the 750 header has better air flow. I have a 750 header on a 600
          Last edited by arsenic; 12-24-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X