X

Jardine GP-1 on 2000 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jardine GP-1 on 2000 750

I managed to get my hands on a Jardine GP-1 for a 2008 GSXR-750.

I fabbed up a bit of ugly mid-pipe 10.75 inches long and stuck her on the bike with the baffle in place and took her for a shot around the block.

On the way back I saw Christians praying in their front lawn. I asked them what's up and they said they thought the four horsemen of the apocalypse were approaching and judgement day must be here. They looked kind of happy??? Go figure.

The noise is ridiculous. I'm still giggling like a kid.

Not sure of the street-legality of it but I'm very convincing playing dumb if anyone in authority asks.

I'm taking it to work this afternoon (40 mins through the twisties to get there, 45 mins on the highway home) to give it a test both hammering and cruising.

It looks the shiz and sounds like I'm ripping it up.

I just can't stop laughing.

I've heard about valve burnout and ensuring that it's running richer (possibly jetting). I think the Oz bikes run richer anway due to differing emission standards??

Anyhow, it's a bit of fun and definately brought on a big smile.
    Attached Files

Considering you fabbed the midpipe, it doesn't look so bad...I've seen worse on KR.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Looks like a you tube video is in the works!!
      Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Well I took it to work over the twisties and it was freakin hilarious.

It felt like the bike was much easier to turn, especially down to the right and on the way back up. Do you think that it's all in my mind or would losing that weight help in the corners that much?

Comment

I'm not sure about cornering, but I would really love to see a video and hear this thing revving up.

Comment

I'll see if I can.

Comment

Vaguely reminds me of my exhaust....... Probably sounds like it too (hopefully without all the lean popping like in my video...)

[ame=http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/loudnlow7484/?action=view&current=100_1355.flv][/ame]
              Last edited by loudnlow7484; 11-14-2008, 12:05 AM.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Only popping when slowing down quickly using nothing but engine braking. Is this normal? No other popping or backfiring, even under full noise.

(edit.... I would comment on yours but I can't get vids at work. Will listen to it when I get home)

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                  Only popping when slowing down quickly using nothing but engine braking. Is this normal? No other popping or backfiring, even under full noise.

(edit.... I would comment on yours but I can't get vids at work. Will listen to it when I get home)
                  It's probably just a touch lean, then. Give the a/f screws a quarter turn out and see if it gets better.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Will try. If I slow down normally there's very little popping. Maybe once or twice.

Comment

My full yoshi popped a tiny bit on decel, extra quarter turn did the trick
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

looks good! bet it sounds good too. i just put the same exhaust on my gix. good mod.!!
                        sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                        k9 GSX-R 600
                        GO VOLS!

Comment

I got your vid loudnlow, very nice. It's belting down rain at the moment so will try to put up a vid tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X