X

window tint the windshield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window tint the windshield?

anyone ever try the DIY window tint on the windshield? seems cheaper than buying a new one...
    joey b.

Paint is the ezest and the black looks great....but you cant see through the screen any more......but really do you look through it?

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Make sure that if you paint it, you aren't violating any of your state laws for inspection. (If you have any)
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

apparently its OK for texas, we do have inspections, but there's no check for windshield opacity on motorcycles.. or at least, thats what the guy at the suzuki dealer told me.

anywho, i bought some tint and did a test run. it is possible to tint the windshild, but i don't have the time to do it right. it requires cutting the tint into a heart-shaped pattern to wrap around the screen, and a very precise exacto along the lip of the shield. furthermore, you kind of need to "stretch" the tint which can prove very difficult. better off painting or buying a pre-tinted screen.
        joey b.

Comment

Window tint will "stretch" more if you heat it.... GENTLY! Too much heat will just melt it. Really, though... the instant-tint static cling stuff will handle more heat than the normal tint, so it might be easier to use that. And as an added bonus, you can peel it off anytime you want.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've done tint on the windscreen and I've done paint. If you're allowed - PAINT!
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Window film is meant to be applied to non-porous materials. It will not work very well on a carbonate or plexiglass screen.

I sell tint for a living and will install it on plastic but with no guarantee.

As an alternative, you can look into the spray paint that is used to black out tail lights. It's meant to go over plastic, but is permanent.

Comment

Working...
              X