X

D&D Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D Exhaust

Ok I finally got the full D&D system put on after about a month of it just sitting around the house. And thought I would tell you guys about it. First off it is loud. Really, really, really, really LOUD, especially when accelerating and even more so during hard acceleration. When people said it was loud even I didn't think much of it, but to give you an idea - run the OEM header open and thats about right. Installation was easy (majority of the time was spend removing the header bolts as they pegged out my torque wrench.) It does come in 4 pieces- 2 primaries, midpipe, and can. I would recommend after pulling the factory header off doing a test fit and leaving the mid pipe on before tightening the header bolts. The headers and midpipes are held together by 2 springs that are a b!*** to pull out that go into some small brackets. Anyways once you get past the springs and header bolts it takes maybe 5 minutes. Total time for my installation was about 5 hours (including cleanup and shower and going to the store for new allen wrenches as the header bolts broke 2 of them.) Sounds great but very much so on the loud side, I will probably try a new can later on. Sorry no pics but don't have a camera. Again it is very loud and if you come home around 3AM I would not recommend as my, I mean your, neighbors will get mad. On the plus side, people do take much more notice and performance is phenomenal.... And just looks damn good. Might get a pic up later. Have an OEM 600 header for sale - $15 plus shipping. Thank you for reading this recidulously long and probably pointless post.
    I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
    --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

i have the same system...love it.

only i cut my can and made it a shorty
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

I would highly suggest T-Handle allen wrenches, makes it so much easier. Harbor Freight carries a good cheap set. And the D&D is definately loud. I want to put dual D&D's on mine tho, just to be that much louder.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
      X