X

Camera Mounts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Mounts

I really want one. Not for squidly stuff, but as a riding aid.

I am not sure if I should get a bolt on one for the tank or a suction design. They both have their advantages. But price is an issue as well. I have seen the price all over the place on these little gems.

What is everyone else using?

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Great questions Penst8!

I was gonna post the same thing today.

Mr. BraadaJim... are you still selling those bolt-on ones you had back in the summer?

Comment

If I get me an F4i I was planning on buying of of these: http://www.xtremecameramounts.com/

But I'm guessing that that doesn't help y'all
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
        If I get me an F4i I was planning on buying of of these: http://www.xtremecameramounts.com/

Sure it does. It lists that it fits a Kat600 too.

That actually looks pretty good! Seems pretty reasonable at $45us.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim

By the looks of it though you would need a clear windscreen.
          Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
            Sure it does. It lists that it fits a Kat600 too.
            Guess I didn't read it all! oops

if anyone gets it let me know what you think of it!!
            - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
              Mr. BraadaJim... are you still selling those bolt-on ones you had back in the summer?
              Nope, I ordered a bunch of them and when they came in they were crap. It's not that they were just bad, they were SO bad that I couldn't even clean them up to make them sellable. Out of 15 I was able to save 1 and I gave that away just because I felt so bad about it.

Sometimes you gamble and win, sometimes you lose....lost on those.

$45 for the one slim listed is a good deal if they will work for the Kat's. It's more than just matching gas caps for mounting. You need at least 3" height to clear the dash.
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I like this system a lot, allthough it's not what you're looking for.

look for the Flyer Route-Cam

Comment

damn i wish I had a machine shop and water cutter I could make some cool stuff for us to have...
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                    Are you talking about the one's like mine? I've yet to hear anyone complain on TLP? I'm pretty happy with my ~$20 camera mount.

The below is supposed to be a seperate post.
                    Originally posted by BraadaJim
                    Yep, I am talking about the same ones.
                    The first one he sent me looked just like yours, fantastic. So I get in touch with him and order 15 more and swing a deal to market them through Braada. When they come in...well

There were 14 in a damaged box because evidently he didn't feel there was any need to secure 15 pieces of steel in a box that would hold 50 so the package was half smashed with a big hole in the side and at least 3 of them looked like they had dragged down the concrete.
                    The rest have crap for welds, are crooked from the mounting point (you'd have a great view of the side of the road), bent at horrible inconsistant angles, or mis drilled so the holes don't line up, some are made from a different stock and generally they were all so bad that I could not sell them and feel good about it even for the money I had in them.
                    The two good ones I had are the first one he sent me which I am keeping for myself and one that I spent an hour with a grinder cleaning up and repainting that I just gave to Bisq. He sent me a $25 check but for the time it took to get it to him and for no better than it looked even cleaned up I have no intention of cashing it.

I didn't come on TLP to complain or even raise hell with E.T. because for the headache of it all it is just easier to write that $250 out in the business as a loss and move on. That's business and one of the risks you take in doing it. Sometimes investments go bad......
                    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

OOPS

Mark, I deleted the picture from your post accidently. I hit edit instead of quote and didn't realize it until after I submitted...sorry.
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                        OOPS

Mark, I deleted the picture from your post accidently. I hit edit instead of quote and didn't realize it until after I submitted...sorry.
                        Yea, that's pretty easy to do especially if you aren't used to being an admin or mod that can edit other people's posts. I don't know how many times I've done it on TLP.

I belive every word you say, but I'm really surprised by it. He sold a ton of those things on TLP and I've yet to hear a bad thing about them. I do know he got SLAMMED with orders for them, far more than he ever intended to make. I got the impression from some of his posts that he was turning them out pretty quick to try and get things done. Now he's moved on to selling fiberglass huggers for the TL's, direct copies of the Pyramid hugger. (he bought one off ebay and made a mold from it)

If I were you I would have raised the issue with him, I'm sure he would have tried to make things right. It's probably been too long now to complain though.
                        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Working...
                        X