X

looking for black slip-on exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for black slip-on exhaust

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum. i've been lurking for a few months, but i figured I should finally join society and make a post. I have a 2000 Kat 600, red, completely debadged and bone stock. i am looking for a slip-on exhaust, and i really like the looks of the D&D black aluminum show and go, but i think it's a little (lot) too loud for me. are there any other companies that make a black can with a more respectable sound? i know there are carbon fiber cans out there, but they cost a lot and i'm not really into the carbon fiber look. any suggestions?
    www.umphreys.com

that akrapovic slip on is awesome

Comment

what exhausts do you guys all run? lets start a list.

i spent some time on the youtubes and internets, and i think the twobros is a little loud for me (and expensive). sound wise alone, the Scorpion sounds pretty sweet.

saw a lot of guys out on bikes today (West Lafayette, IN), and my exhaust sounds inferior. i need to pick something soon!
      www.umphreys.com

Comment

micron makes some awesome looking exhausts

Micron North America - Motorcycle Exhaust Systems
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Have you considered the carbon fiber from Yoshi?

Comment

i'm considering anything at this point, i just decided i needed to get some pipes yesterday. from what i've heard, the Yoshi's sound pretty awesome, too. my cousin had one on his 2000gixxer600, and it was sweet. i just wanted to find out what the Katclub thought was #1 for our bikes. i'd say Scorpion and Yoshi are my frontrunners. Which one will have the delegate lead at the convention??? that's where the superdelegates come in (AKA - you guys).
            www.umphreys.com

Comment

can't go wrong with yoshi. though a note on carbon, one they are of course more expensive, but also a reminder is that carbon pipes require more maintenance than other types. pretty much any carbon pipe will be black.

hole shot I think makes a can in black for the kats, suppose to be really nice. i know bandit owners praise hole shot.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Two Brothers. Nice n low
                Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by phisch View Post
                  what exhausts do you guys all run? lets start a list.
                  this goes right next to the "what the biggest tire I can use" tread. This comes up all the friggin time, SEARCH

Comment

i've been searching this forum since october, what's with the can't search words with less than four letters? i figured i'd just post to say hello and introduce myself, and see what people were using at the moment.

the Hole Shot looks pretty sweet, and it's 389 from the dealer.

www.umphreys.com

Comment

Originally posted by phisch View Post
                      i've been searching this forum since october, what's with the can't search words with less than four letters? i figured i'd just post to say hello and introduce myself, and see what people were using at the moment.

the Hole Shot looks pretty sweet, and it's 389 from the dealer.

hole shot is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! They are are all dyno tested, as I am sure othes are, but you can see it documented on its site.

as for the 4 letter minimum on search try this: put * after the words that are to short, or try the new google search feature. Also exhaust questions would be in the exhaust section, however, it isn't the best place to look, the mod section, or even better the lounge and pics section.
                      Last edited by BarMatt80; 04-22-2008, 08:23 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

When I bought my Yoshi, I originally ordered the chrome, less expensive one, but they sent the carbon fiber one instead and who am i to call and tell them they gave me the wrong one.

Listen to what one would sound like.

http://i306.photobucket.com/player.s...a/100_2508.flv

Comment

no kiddin', that's a deal and a half! the Yoshi sounds like a nice refined exhaust, not ridiculously loud, but much cooler than stock. similar to the Borla exhaust i have on my WRX, sounds smooth and "adult like," not like a folgers coffee can.

i'd really like to hear the Holeshot on a Katana engine if anyone can find a clip, all i can find it on is v-twins.
                          www.umphreys.com

Comment

Here is what my Kat 600 sounded like with the stock exhaust drilled; 5 to 6 holes approx 1/2 in diameter around the outside of the pipe.
                            http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MOV01741.flv

Comment

Working...
                            X