X

Handlebar risers..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar risers..

Does anyone make them for the Kat? Specifically my 05? Would really like to raise them up some if possible. I believe the handlebars are 7/8". Is that correct? Found a place, www.genmarmfg.com , but didn't see any that are specific to the Kat.
    Just curious if anyone had them.

Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

I emailed genmar and they don't make them. Same for Helibars. Not looking good for the risers.
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Forgot I had a post on these a few weeks ago. Someone posted this:

Anyone ever use these? Just wondered how hard they were to install and if anything else had to be modded for them to fit.
      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
      97 Mustang GT
      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

never used the bars, but everything this company does is top notch. i have seen them in person, very nice looking. i believe it's just a matter of removing the upper triple clamp and replacing with the new one, possibly longer brake lines and/or cables.

Comment

Re: Handlebar risers..

--This being my 1st sport/tourer (all my previous bikes were standards or cruisers, and my last ride was a Valkyrie) - I'm seriously considering putting Ape-Hangers on mine.

Originally posted by vdaily89
          Does anyone make them for the Kat? Specifically my 05? Would really like to raise them up some if possible. I believe the handlebars are 7/8". Is that correct? Found a place, www.genmarmfg.com , but didn't see any that are specific to the Kat.
          Just curious if anyone had them.

Vince

Comment

just be glad you don't have a GSX-R, you'd be hating that.

Comment

So no one has yet to try the LSLriser kit?

I think I'm gonna place an order, I too was a cruiser rider for many years, really hard for the neck and shoulders on the Kat.

Cheers,
              Marc

Comment

Check this out and chime in:

Here is another option:

Comment

what would be so wrong about bending the handle bars up just afew degrees?
                  also looking at a picture of the Hayabusa helibars, they look like they will fit a 2006 750 Katana, anyone know for sure ?

Comment

If you have a 750 you can space up the top plate a bit to raise them up. If you have a 600, see of someone wants to swap top trees with you.

Comment

Just buy a 7/8" Z bar or something like that and cut it and slip it into the top clamp. You will likely need to drill and tap a hole but that's easy enough

FWIW the bars won't likely be as stabile as a strait bar and may want to twist forward and back in the clamp without a bolt through them

98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                      X