X

Clear alternatives on a '06 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear alternatives on a '06 750

One of the first upgrades that I did to my bike was chop the shovel, new wind screen, and put on new front and rear signals.

The first and only problem that I have is with the integrated turn signals. They are bright as all get out. They can be seen clearly day and night, until I brake. As soon as I put on my brake the brightness of the brake light totally drowns out the turn signal. I have seen other kats on this site that have the same signals and have no problems with the turn signals being seen when braking.

So the question is, can I do something about this? Is there anything that will make the turn signals brighter when I brake? Or could there be something else wrong? Has anyone else had this problem with the integrated turn signals?

Thank you,

Jedd

I assume your talking about an integrated stop/tail/turn light?
    I've seen some of those that the LED's are amber for turn and red for brake.
    Also a question on the fronts. The 06's came with clear lenses, what did you change?

Comment

To clarify, the rear turn signals are the ones that are drowned out. And I am talking about the integrated turn signals.
      There is nothing wrong with the fronts. I just went with the smoked lens instead of the clear. I think it looks cleaner on my bike.
      The only problem that I have is that you cannot see the rear turn signal when I am braking. I don't know if there is a way to fix this but I hope there is because the integrated light is mighty expensive for it not to work.

Comment

I've seen two different types on two CBRs I ride with. One does what you're talking about. When a turn signal is flashing with the brake on, you can barely see it. With the other one, when the turn signal is flashing with the brake on, only the oppisite side's brake light comes on, making the turn signal clear as day. I have no idea if they're the same brand or not. That's really the only thing that's been keeping me from buying one for my Gixxer, they all seem to drown out the turn signal.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
        X