Seat Cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Cowl

Hi,

I have been looking at the similarities of the rear end of the Busa and the Katana and I am wondering if anyone has tried to modify the seat cowl for the busa to fit the katana.

I have not personally held a katana seat cowl and a busa cowl side by side to see the similarities but from pictures they do not look that far apart.

So basically just wondering if anyone has ever wondered this themselves, or if anyone knows how similar or different the two are. Or maybe I'm just chasing dreams of just modifying a cheaper cowl instead of just buying and waiting for the katnana cowl.

Thank you

Jedd

good question, lol

Comment

The kat seat cowls are molded to fit the contours of the kat seats. I highly doubt that you would be able to make a busa cowl fit... however I've read that with enough free time, fiberglass, and sanding... they aren't that hard to make.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

There is one member that put the subframe, seat and rear plasics of a busa on his Kat. I just can't remember who it was though..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
          There is one member that put the subframe, seat and rear plasics of a busa on his Kat. I just can't remember who it was though..
          Awwww, shoot, Tom... the secret's out.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Steve's right, they aren't that hard to make. If you are crafty enough, you can make your own.....I did.....I made both smooth and humped ones, preferred the smooth, so that is what is on my bike now. Here is what you'll need:
            plastic wrap
            duct tape
            fiberglass mat and cloth
            fiberglass resin w/hardener
            plastic filler w/hardener
            lots of sandpaper, gotta make it smooth ya know
            primer
            paint
            clear coat
            LOTS OF PATIENCE

good luck if you try to do it on your own........oh, and do it outside or with the garage door open so your wife doesn't get all upset with you for making the house stink....

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

why dont ya just buy one
              ???

Comment

they got one for an 06? its like one hole seat i dunno if its possible to cover that back part

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
                  why dont ya just buy one
                  ???
                  Some people have more time than money . Or just not a lot of money to play around with . Or like the satisfaction of being able to say "yeah , I did that myself" .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Absolutely, no better feeling of satisfaction than getting a compliment about your own creation....

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

and that is exactly why I would like to do it myself and have the cowl, and basically the whole bike, my own personal creation. Because truthfully in the end it is my bike and as long as I am happy with it and I love what I have done with it is all that matters.

Also, thank you to all that have posted their comments and replies.

Comment

Originally posted by jeddi03
                        and that is exactly why I would like to do it myself and have the cowl, and basically the whole bike, my own personal creation. Because truthfully in the end it is my bike and as long as I am happy with it and I love what I have done with it is all that matters.

Also, thank you to all that have posted their comments and replies.
                        thats right bro do your own thing and what makes you happy

Comment

Working...
                        X