X

What's that smell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's that smell?

Hi All, I have a 95 Katana 600 and am a fairly new rider. If I sit on it while it's running for even 30seconds I reak of exhaust fumes. I can't ride it to work or to go out because I offend everyone within 20ft. If I upgrade to a new exhaust will it solve the problem? My current exhaust is stock but has been modified. It's louder than most Harleys which I'm not thrilled about either. I've included a picture in case it helps.

You have two options for after market exhaust. V&H super sport, or SS2R, both of those are 4 into 1.

Comment

Will that solve my problem or is that something I just have to deal with because it is an older bike?

Comment

You could also put the stock system from a 98+ on, but that would be a 4 into 1 system...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by brez24
          Will that solve my problem or is that something I just have to deal with because it is an older bike?
          probably, someone probably gutted the stock cans thus you loseing all backpressure.

The bike could also be running rich.

Comment

If you put the stock 98+ exhaust on, that takes a lot of work, you need the 98+ oil pan, 98+ oil pick up, 98+ OEM header. I(t can certainly be done.

Comment

On Ebay now someone is selling the complete V&H for a pre-98 750. Will that work w/ the 600?

Comment

yeah, that will fine, but the 750 flows more air then the 600, you'll have to jet accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                  If you put the stock 98+ exhaust on, that takes a lot of work, you need the 98+ oil pan, 98+ oil pick up, 98+ OEM header. I(t can certainly be done.
                  No, not really... all he has to do is dent the collector. It's the 98+ motor that requires all the swapping.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Sounds like if I go w/ the 750 V&H I won't have to make any modifications other than the Jet kit. Is there a specific Jet that is geared towards a 750 exhaust on a 600 or will any do? Also, will it have any great impact on how my bike performs? Everone's input has really helped. Thanks!

Comment

yes if you put in a jet kit and full exhaust, it will certainlt perform better. And Steves is right to put on a 98+ ehxaust all you have to do is dent the collector, but I though you ment doing it the RIGHT way which would require more work.

Comment

Working...
                      X