Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking for fixed racing foot pegs alum or?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for fixed racing foot pegs alum or?

Does anyone know where I can get some nice fixed front pegs for a 2000 kat 750? I've been online and can't seem to find any. They make plenty for the GSX-R I see but I was hoping that perhaps someone here picked some up that they can recommend. And YES, I used the search engine lol.
    Thanks!!
    2000 Katana 750
    -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Fixed? as in not fold up?
    No.. Those are generally for after market rear sets.
    You can put after market rear sets on a kat but it's a custom job.. (well there are some for the Kat, pricey and they have fold up pegs I believe)

Comment

Someone posted an internet link to some nice colored ones a few months ago. I will look for it tonight because I think I bookmarked it at home.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Ok, home now and found them on the bookmarks! These are tempting.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

These look to be about the same thing, but more colors to offer.

Comment

i have the competion werkes silver pegs. less bulky than stock and they installed pretty easily (just had to smash the ball bearing in) and look good too. they still fold though.
            carpe diem

Comment

I'm not sure that was what he meant...
              He said fixed..

All good links though..
              Any reviews on what it's like to not have rubber cushions?

Comment

I ordered aftermarket rear pegs from a dealership, and they didn't fit right. It was a miss prink in the book they said. Has anyone tryed the ones the KatanaSoldier posted the link for, they look nice.

Comment

Thank You!! I ordered a set of just the plain silver. I'll make sure to tell everyone how they look, mount ect.!! I need pegs on the back as once in awhile when she's fealing daring lol my wife will ride around the neighborhood.

The backs need to fold. So perhaps I'll look into the other ones if they fold. Someone said that they didn't like the aftermarkets because it was a safety issue for them. Theyu stated that when the street was wet their feet would slide around on the pegs.

Seeing as I live in Arid-zona I don't think the rain is really an issue as it's far and few between.

Thanks Again!!
                  2000 Katana 750
                  -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Comment

just have someone tack weld the stockers so they dont move?

I thought they were supposed to move so when you drag one around the corner it doesnt dig in and and throw you.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
                      just have someone tack weld the stockers so they dont move?

I thought they were supposed to move so when you drag one around the corner it doesnt dig in and and throw you.
                      Foot pegs in the standard location on a katana NEED to fold. Otherwise you could run into a dangerous situation when leaned over. The peg would dig in and possibly pole vault your rear tire into the air. Racing rearsets that are fixed, are fixed because they are rear set (pegs sit higher and further back than stock). Thus, they are clear from catching the road, no matter how far you lean over.

Stock pegs on a Katana are severe limiting factors for ground clearance, as well as the rear brake lever. Mine caught at the track and got bent back. Extremely lucky that it did not catch and lock up my rear tire, cause that would have been a messy one . I seriously recomend that you leave the folding nature of the pegs alone. Unless you come up with a solution to move them up and back at least another inch in both directions. In that position they should be well clear of the road at full lean no matter which tire profile you're running. If they touch down in that position, you're soon to follow

Comment

I did think about that too. I ended up ordering the short ones. I'm going to have to see how long they actually stick out. I ride pretty good into the corners. But not owning a suit, I don't knee drag I think that would hurt a little. If I ever get to a point like that or have an opportunity to hit a track I could always switch them back. That would be a PROJECT to move them I think. Wonder if anyone on here has done that?
                        2000 Katana 750
                        -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Comment

Originally posted by DonShannon
                          These look to be about the same thing, but more colors to offer.

http://www.targa-acc.com/cgi-bin/pro...120BK&format=3
                          I really like the colors of these pegs,they look really good.
                          I am not so sure about having them fixed though I would have to agree with everyone else on here,that seems a liitle dangerous for the sharp corners.Well, hey it's your bike though and you've heard the opinions,but in the end its still your desicion.
                          See ya
                          02 Customized Katana
                          97 Wrangler 4 in lift 33" tires (Redneck Cadillac)

What can I say,I like to play

Comment

my beemer has fixed pegs... but the jugs will probably touch down before the pegs do.

sure, you could get fixed pegs on the Kat, but i don't see any point to it. probably would cost more than it's worth.
                            KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                            X