X

Gsx vs Gsxr exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsx vs Gsxr exhaust

Can anyone tell me is the Kat Exhaust the same as the Gixxer exhaust? I would think it would be but need confirmation from anyone who knows for sure.

Im dealing with a 2005 gsx750f and the exhaust is history at the exit of the header , so I'm trying to find a mid pipe for and after market can, problem is I see a lot of midpipes for the gixxer's and only one in a complete setup for a kat , wich is not what I want or how I want to do this .

Thx in advance

Originally posted by FloridaJoe View Post
    Can anyone tell me is the Kat Exhaust the same as the Gixxer exhaust? I would think it would be but need confirmation from anyone who knows for sure.

Im dealing with a 2005 gsx750f and the exhaust is history at the exit of the header , so I'm trying to find a mid pipe for and after market can, problem is I see a lot of midpipes for the gixxer's and only one in a complete setup for a kat , wich is not what I want or how I want to do this .

Thx in advance
    Not the same for most years.

For the 05 kat, you would need to limit your search on gsxr models to like 92 or older models, and then those would be full systems to match up. You could mount those systems and use them, but still may have minor clearance issues with belly pans or oil pan, or ... so on. Not something you can't work around, but not exact perfect fits. Running wise, no issues except possible need for jetting adjustments on a higher flowing exhaust from stock, but that happens anytime you change exhaust flow.

What I understood from your post though, is that your looking for just the can and midpipe, as you have an 05 gsxf header? If that's the case, then what you want to look for is any aftermarket "slip on" for the 750 kat, and you will find many options. Those all include mid pipes as part of the "slip on" if it's a not a used system. Used systems should include the mid pipe, but that's up to the seller if they are including all parts.

An ebay search just now of "katana 750 exhaust" just pulled up hundreds of options, most of them fitting the options your looking for.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The gsxr exhaust pipes are closer together because the water cooler engines don't require as much cylinder spacing. The only one that works is the older oil cooled one.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
      X