Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Aftermarket Exhausts - Centre Stand Bump Stop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Exhausts - Centre Stand Bump Stop?

The stock exhaust has a bump stop that prevents the centre-stand from retracting too far into the chassis. Do aftermarket exhausts have the same mount or do you have to rig something up (or remove the centre- stand entirely)?

Thanks!

Most slip-on kits come with a new one. At least my scorpion kit did.

Failing that, you could probably find something in the local hardware store that would do the job nicely.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yup, My Scorp came with one. You can get the Help brand bumpers at any autozone if yours does not come with one.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

or you can just take off the center stand

Comment

My Hindle has the bumper, but I don't like that it prevents the center stand from going as flush, so center stand off in summer, on for winter storage.
          Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

I like the centre stand for cleaning the rear wheel and lubing the chain. Grinds a bit at severe lean angles but no big deal

How about the rest of you? I know a lot of you have pipes so what's the verdict?

Comment

My center-stand is staying. I use it every day.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

I use my center stand all the time. My Vance and Hines did not come with any kind of stop for the center stand. I need to do something about it too. I get tired of hearing that damn thing Bangin around on bumps.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

My Yosh had a bracket to put on a rubber bumper, for the c-stand, but I ground it off, as I have no c-stand..

Comment

Originally posted by Katharsis
                    I like the centre stand for cleaning the rear wheel and lubing the chain.
                    I use a rear stand for that. The bike looks so much better without the center stand.

But my scorp also has the spot for the rubber bumper.

Comment

My scorpion came with a mount for the bumper....ironically the mid pipe didn't have a mount for the bolt hole near the header pipe though.......
                      Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Originally posted by bswasey
                        My scorpion came with a mount for the bumper....ironically the mid pipe didn't have a mount for the bolt hole near the header pipe though.......
                        doesnt need it.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X