Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Has anyone tried welding a GSXR exhaust onto a Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried welding a GSXR exhaust onto a Katana?

There is a nice deal on a GSXR bolt on exhuast locally. I was considering purchasing it, making an adapter, and welding the adapter to my current OEM pipe. Has anyone tried installing a non-kat exhuast on their kat?
    2001 GSXF 600

i don't see any problems. i have a leovince can from a 98+ on my pre 98 kat.
    1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

nice, the gsxr exhaust it is then.
      2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Post some pics when you finish too.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Let me know how it works out for you. I am currently bidding on a GSXR canister on ebay .

Comment

will do thanks
            2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Shoot me a PM on the year and how well it bolted on please.. For the list:

Comment

very informative, thanks!
                2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Don't forget... GSX-R is bolt on, not slipon.

You are probably going to need the header too... since it doesn't have a midpipe (i don't think).
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i noticed only some gsxr exhuasts are bolt on. Some are slip on. Even if it is bolt on, couldnt I get a used midpipe section of a gsxr, cut the adapter section, and weld that to the kats exhaust, and bolt on the remainder. A bit of work it is, but still might be cheaper than purchasing the new kat exhaust.

I'm still debating whether I want to go through with this, or perhaps just buy a new one made for the kat and sell it used when I sell the bike... THat option might be cheaper....
                    2001 GSXF 600

Comment

I don't think it's a mid pipe... I think the entire header runs back to where the can bolts on.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I put a GSXR 1000 can on my 2006, 750 Katana. It does go together fairly easy. I made a midpipe to go from the stock header back to the can. It is just a temp midpipe for now made with some flex tube and clamps, it works good for now but I would like for it to look better. I just did the temp thing to make sure I liked the sound and look. (The 1000 can and headers were free from a friend a work.) I'll get some pictures.

Comment

hows the sound?

Comment

pic

Hope the picture works. Sorry it took so long but computer crashed then went to Photo Bucket to start an account.
                            First attempt hope it works.

Comment

sound

hows the sound?

I think it sounds pretty good. A little deeper at idle and up to 5k to 6k, but after that it really seems to open up.

I have a video of when I first bolted it on. It has my bike and my sons 600 side by side. His is still stock and you can really hear the difference.

I'll see if I can get that to upload next.

Comment

Working...
                              X