X

Considering putting the Shovel Back on the 05

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering putting the Shovel Back on the 05

At first I wanted the Shovel on my Kat gone, but after a few months I kinda Miss the Shovel. Im considering Ordering a New Pan and replacing it. Thank god I saved all the Original mountiung Equipt For everything

I have one that I will sell for $15 plus shipping.

PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Personally, IMHO it's off, live with it .

I couldn't be bothered to spend the time and money to rip the cut pan off and replace it with an uncut one but that's just me.

The only time you notice it is when your behind your bike walking up to it or it's parked. I've yet to notice a difference between riding with or without it. Maybe there's more spray in the rain from the rear tire but that's about it.

What is it that's bugging you about it anyway?
      Kyle

Comment

Shut up Woobie and let the man replace his shovel. I need the room in my shed.

Comment

Woobie with the Shovel gone, The big feels to me like it is missing something. Its not a big annoyance, just a little one really.
          Full pans From Temech are around a buck 10 So if i do put it on, It wont be until after the Holidays. and I would be going for a Brand New pan-
          Plus i got a fear someone is gonna rip the Plate and the Signals off.
          There is some aftermarket wiring I want to as well (Clean up some of the Turnsignal Wiring) When I do Replace the Tail, I can do all the Work at one time, and the Bike would be off the road for all of one day - two at the max.
          I will make a final desision after the New Year.

on a side note I still have my Original Shovel, I am going to do a Paint test with it. If i do Order a new Pan it will probably be Pained the Same color as the Bike - which would be Done when I have the Entire bike Painted Over the Course of the Next Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
            The wife cracking down on you already .
            Kyle

Comment

I will never go back to the shovel! Makes it look like an old man bike, LoL.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                Originally posted by tzortn
                The wife cracking down on you already .
                Yep, she wants me to get a new helmet so I need the shelf space.

Comment

Hawk let me ask you why? More importantly WHY? I think the Kat looks retarded with the shovel, but to each his own.. I like the look without , but do what you will. Get some pics out when you put it back on if its repainted...
                  "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

I wont sell mine!!!! winter is coming up real fast i will need it for those white afternoons!!!
                    Shiny side up !!!

Comment

I saw this thread and I know It's months old but I just had to add my comments. First off like somebody said to each their own. I think the kats look good with OR without the shovels. I prefer the shovel look because to me the shovels gives the kats more of a complete and balanced look. I also think the shovels give the kats a more sophisticated classy look (something older and more mature riders like myself prefer) For the sleek race look definately go without the shovel. The bottom line is it's all personal preferrence. I just wanted to add MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
                      We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                      Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Working...
                      X