X

New plastic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New plastic

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a 88 GX600F Katana that I picked up from a friend that can't ride all that well and has cracked some of the plastic on her. I have found a place to purchase new stock plastic for a good price, but I would like to know if anyone out here knows where to get aftermarket plastics that are of diffrent styling than the origianls. Thanks again for your time.

Don
    The greatest thing in life is getting your hair cut every two weeks and watching your neighbor fall off his roof.

welcome to KR. probably won't find anything aftermarket. ebay or SpecialK on here for used stuff. good luck and enjoy.

Comment

The only thing you can do is what Braadajim did to his. He took the pre98 and the 98+ plastics and modified them to work together. He plastic welded them and it looks great. Can not even see where he put the 2 together. Talk with him and he might be able to give you some guidance. Also welcome to KR and enjoy the ride.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to the site. If you can do it, like Jim did, those custom jobs are pretty much one of a kind so to speak, so u'll have a sweet lookin ride that you can be proud of.

Comment

Welcome to KR and the Katana family.
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Yes, one of a kind, and a Pain in the Arse if you break one and have to repair it!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Hey Bradaajim...if you see this...do you have any pics?

Comment

A little different than Jim's work but a similar idea

Comment

Very cool!

Welcome to the site Don!
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Yep, if you want anything other than stock fairings you pretty much have to make them yourself.

Originally posted by kickitjp
                    Hey Bradaajim...if you see this...do you have any pics?
                    Here is the one from my profile. Still pretty much the same right now but I am hoing to have the body all done and painted by spring.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

i dont see where i can order that on the braada page

Comment

I am still waiting for the Bradaa Undertails!
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here. And thanks for the help. Now I guess it is time for me to learn the hard way how to weld plastic. This could be spendy.
                          The greatest thing in life is getting your hair cut every two weeks and watching your neighbor fall off his roof.

Comment

uh, Jim, i don't a see custom cowl!

Comment

Re: New plastic

Originally posted by DonCochran_
                              I have found a place to purchase new stock plastic for a good price, but I would like to know if anyone out here knows where to get aftermarket plastics that are of diffrent styling than the origianls
                              where did you find the OEM plastics and how much of a good price were they?

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                              "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Working...
                              X