No announcement yet.
X

Thinking about a paint scheme...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White would be good but with some sort of accent. I like the blue ghost flame idea.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Whew. I had a rough weekend. Lou, to answer your question(s):

There are absolutely no blemishes, scratches, or imperfections in the plastic - It's all clean and clear. As to the pearl white paint, waaay too expensive and too bling for me - I would want just the Suzuki white that is already on my bike - I've got some decal ideas to dress it up later. (It's actually got a little sparkle to it, too, but nothing like what you're talking about...)

Junior - Yeah, the ghost flames that IreneKat suggested would look sweet, but I would not want to A) Drop the bike and ruin an expensive airbrush job... B) Make SweetLou have to deal with an extreme custom job. The idea is just to get the fairings white. Decals can do the rest, depending on what the bike looks like sans stickers, I might just leave it white. I like the Kat with no stickers, I just don't like the two tone paint job after the stickers are pulled.

Beek - That is one nice looking Kat! It looks a little creamier, though, compared to what I was envisioning. It does look good, though, all one color, nice and visible. Pretty pic. Thanks!
      8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
        I always say the same thing, except I say

"To me, a gringo is a gringo..."

Si senior.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
          Junior - ... B) Make SweetLou have to deal with an extreme custom job. The idea is just to get the fairings white. Decals can do the rest, depending on what the bike looks like sans stickers, I might just leave it white. I like the Kat with no stickers, I just don't like the two tone paint job after the stickers are pulled.
          Lou keeps tellin us about how he has all this spare time on his hands.. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I agree tho.. there's alot you can do with decals. You could always put the decals on BEFORE clearcoating the plastics too!

Keep us posted!! 8)

Comment

Not sure why this didn't come up yet but here you go... another vision in white...

AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
              paint it white primer like this guy..

but to give you my opinion...it will look sick all white with some sort of blue ghost flames..yea yea, some people dont like flames, but it would look sick on a white kat..my .02

**edit** and please get yourself some clear turn signals
              OMG...THAT guy...I wonder if he still rides!

Comment

Here are some paint scheme's for you! I don't like saying it but the blue one is the best example of a pre98 Kat out there. I'm just jealous of Highsight2020 can't you tell.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

If you wanted flames on it, go with tape works stuff, pretty decent from what I understand. Also, do not clear coat the decals, pain in the arse to remove then. Like I said, it still may be cheaper in the long run to get a local shop to do it just do to shipping charges and all that jazz. Also, I now have a engine swap to do, so time will be somewhat limited.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Looking forward to seeing a post on the engine swap, Lou!
                    Tape works is a great way to go unless you want to do some custom airbrush.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    Who knows what is next?

Comment

if i were u... i would got pearl white... and put some ghost flames on it... chrome everything, get a gel seat... smoked screen... and ur are set

Comment

Meikol - That's exactly what I was looking for! Good thing: The bike looks great! Bad thing: Guess my idea isn't original... Oh well. Do you know anything about that particular Kat? Is it a 600 or 750? European model? I noticed the polished swingarm - that looks pretty good. She needs some clear lenses too! Thanks for the pics!

Bigbean - Yeah, like I stated before, not so much on the bling bling. I don't want stuff chromed. IMO, Beekman has the right vision when it comes to chrome stuff. Offset everything, but not overdone. Also IMO, chrome doesn't look good on a bike unless you get everything chromed that can be chromed (minus the plastics...) If I got one or two pieces chromed, then the appearance of the rest of the bike suffers. It gets to be way too expensive for my tastes to chrome stuff.
                        8) Shirak! 8)

Comment

Raistlin, check the first post in the thread I linked to. It is a 2000 750, and she is in Canada. The swingarm looks to be just clean to me. It is stell and would have to be chromed, not polished. If you look close, in one of the pics I think the "safety" sticker is still on the swingarm.

If it makes you feel better, it is the first one I have seen. I would have to go with clear signals too.
                          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Yep, you sure are right. Guess I'm just used to seeing my all black swingarm. (Why do they paint those things? It looks so much better clean!)
                            8) Shirak! 8)

Comment

Nice looking bikes as they are :P.... and even the 600's look bigger then the older 1990s' 750's
                              http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

And they are slower too.
                                AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
                                X