X

dupli-color questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dupli-color questions

Alright, I just read Sweetlou forum on painting. Now I went to buy my paint and there are different kinds. What kind is recommended. There is enamel, laquer, metallic, ect. I bought the filler primer and sandable primer, but i have a question about the clear coat also. I found a clear coat made for engines and it is oil and gas proof. Can I use this for the hole bike or are there any recommendations. I appreciate any suggestions.

take your pick as to enamel or the acrylic laquer. know, though, that there's a difference in that with the acrylic laquer you can apply a new coat at any time after the previous coat has dried as opposed to the enamel which is different (something with the amount of time you have to apply). which ever way you go, be sure to use the corresponding clear coat. if you use the acrylic paint, use an acrylic clear coat. same goes if you go with the enamel, use the enamel clear. i used the acrylic on my bike and i'm pretty pleased with the results. i used a slighty different clear coat for the tank (still an acrylic) and it came out a little different. if you want pics, shoot me a pm. good luck!

Long Live the D

Comment

Who makes that clear coat for the engine? I am interested in seeing that!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Dupli color makes it. Im sure you can but it online but i saw it at kragen auto.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dupli-Color® Engine Enamel with Ceramic

Resists temperatures up to 500 degrees F
          Durable ceramic formulatio
          Superior high gloss finishes
          Oil and gas resistant
          Will not blister, flake, crack or peel
          36 colors matched to OEM standards
          6 Classic Colors, 7 Hot Rod Colors
          EZ Touch® Nozzle
          Dupli-Color® High Heat Paint with Ceramic

Resists temperatures up to 1200 degrees F, intermittently
          Durable ceramic formulation
          Tough cured finish resists oil, gas grease, rust, salt, humidity, and solvents
          6 colors
          EZ Touch® Nozzle

Comment

Working...
          X