X

got a cowl and a question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a cowl and a question

I just bought a solo cowl off a member of KP who was sold his Kat and wanted the cowl to go to a KP or KR'er. He said it needs to be repainted. I saw some pics, its black just like my bike is but the paint job looks really crappy.

Anywho, how much money do you think it will cost me to have that thing done by a shop. What do you think?
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

I had mine done by the same guy that repainted my bike. He only charged me $30. That was to pay for the supplies no labor charge. So I would look for you to pay between $30-60 to get it painted. You can do some of the prep work and cut your cost down.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

$20 to $60, like high said. It is easy to paint just has to preped right.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I would consider doing that one part yourself. There are a couple good how to's around on painting and prepping your plastics.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Yeah, what Meikol said!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ive heard that the cost of the paint is almost the same as getting it done professionally. If that is the case Id rather have it done. A guy at work just told me another coworker owns an autobidy shot and he is great at painting. Im thinking about bringing it in and getting a quote from him

Comment

Lets see.....

-Can of primer, about $2 or $3 bucks. (Duplicolor makes a really good fill/sandable primer)

-400 grit sand paper, about $2 to $4 bucks (you really wouldn't need a lot)

-Duplicolor Paint, black color, in a rattle can about $2 to $3 bucks, and you should only need 1 can

-1 can of clear coat, again only a couple bux.

And don't forget you 99cent bag of tac cloths, and water out of your faucet to wet send, and you are prolly looking at about a tottal of anywhere between 15 and 20 bucks.

Then it will take a couple of hours to do, so how is your time worth?

I would go for doing it myself. Its easy, its pretty small, and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

20$, and a few hours of my time or 30 to 40 and someone else does it and I dont have the chance to mess it up. Ill take the latter

Plus if he messes it up Ill make him do it over

Comment

Working...
                X