X

New Cleaner Look for the front of 98+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cleaner Look for the front of 98+

Im a newbie here but have had my bike one full season now. I decided that the front needed to be cleaned up a bit. Yes the original is good looking but i need to be a lil different. So i turned to my brother for a little assistance. He and i both work at a GM dealership. I am found in the detailing shop and he is a final prep and finisher for the body shop. That being said, if it can be chopped, cleaned, or painted (including powdercoating) i am IN!!!!

First i decided that the blue over black wasnt working for me. It is a 2000 Kat 600 with the black lower farings that cowl for the header. Well, i pulled them off in order to have them painted to match the body color.
    While we were at it, i decided that the stupid aux light that is above the headlamps needed to go bye-bye. So, he and the shops painter, my friend Harpo, took care of it. All clean and back on now and it only cost me a 6pack of Killians Irish red and a 20 pack of bud light longnecks!!!! Talk about cheap cost, they didnt want anything at all to do it, i just tipped them.

Take a look and AWWWW at the fronts new persona!

Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

well that didnt work, so check out my rider profile and album for a couple of pics.

Can you guys tell me how to insert pics into the forum post? thanks yall and please bear with me on this kinda crap.

Comment

Use www.imageshack.us to host your pics. (IT'S FREE)

Comment

so your Kat is now Third Eye Blind?

Looks good, nice clean look

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
          so your Kat is now Third Eye Blind?
          Wah Wah Waaaaaaaaaah

I like the looks of it too.

Comment

ha ha ... third eye blind! you canadians are quick...

can you break it down for me how to post a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by shagg_9
              can you break it down for me how to post a pic?
              sure, here ya go....http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...ght=imageshack

Comment

i got it... look at the second post... thanks for the help!

Comment

its look like a alien look good for me
                  power is nothing w/o control

Comment

I was considering putting the raised style badge that is normally found on the tanks of the new models on my nose piece where that light was before, do you all think that would take away from the cleanliness of the bike?

Does anyone have one of these badges laying around that they could throw this direction, please?

Comment

Working...
                    X