X

Tank Bra...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Bra...

My last xmas gift came in today, from ebay. Katana tank bra, just had to have it, and got it for a song on ebay. The mail came right before I left for work, so I couldnt put it on yet... I noticed the strap on it, Does the tank have to come totally off (hoses disconnected as well) to put the strap underneath, or can I just loosen the bolts under the seat for the tank, and lift it up enough to slide the strap under the front of it? I assume the 3 felt covered pads go under the tank ?

yes thats what i do losten them just enought some times ive use a platic putty nife to help push a little also put a couple of good wax buffs under where it goes. i had mine custom made in yellow leather .

Comment

Originally posted by letsride
      yes thats what i do losten them just enought some times ive use a platic putty nife to help push a little also put a couple of good wax buffs under where it goes. i had mine custom made in yellow leather .
      The pads are felt covered, 3 of them..would I still need to put something else in there besides those?

Comment

no they should absorb wetness well . you dont need to add anything they wont scrach the tank . just make sure there no junk on it when you put it on . and make sure they fit very snug so the wind wont pull it back getting under it or strech it send a pic when you finish

Comment

Yeah, Ive got the CF levers on, CF gas cover, new grips & once the tank bra is on, i'll take a few pics. Still have the gauges to put on, but they'll have to wait till after we move.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

it's been a minute, but I think all i did was loosen up the fairing bolts and clip it on (remove the seat not the tank) .
            rock
            always working on mods

Comment

Yeah, Im excited to finally get it on..with the move going on, I havent had time to do it yet, but tomorrow IM riding the bike over to the house, and you can bet this is going on before I leave.

Comment

I got the bra on, but im having alittle trouble keeping up high enough on the tank, keeps wanting to slide down, and Im afraid to stretch the strap too much further for fear it will snap.

Comment

I can take a bra off with one hand
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      It takes you hand, I use my finger and thumb! It takes about 3 to 10 seconds depending on how many hooks.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i had one till i took it off and ripped it

Comment

Somehow Lou turned this into the Victoria's Secret thread!!

I can take a bra off with my teeth, but that doesnt help my Kat bra not staying up! :smt026

Comment

Did you get the thing on the bike. Sorry for being in that frame of mind, you know it is Lou's fault. lol
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                              Did you get the thing on the bike. Sorry for being in that frame of mind, you know it is Lou's fault. lol
                              Oh its all good, im just playing along too!! Yeah, its on, but it wont stay up on the tank, keeps sliding down.

Comment

Working...
                              X