X

Help! Gas on paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Gas on paint

I guess I _did_ have a gas link (see previous smell of gas post). I got off the cat after a 300 mile trip to see a stain from (I assume) Gas comming down from the fuel control knob. I tried wiping it off as soon as I saw it, but it looks a little bit on the permanent side.

Its a brand new paint job... is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
    Crackshot

Try some polish I doubt it but you can try what do you have to lose?
    here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

how new was the paint?

Comment

Aww dude...Your screwed! I had almost the same thing happen last year when I painted. Leaking petcock put nice deep groves right thru the one week old clear. Pissed me off to no end!

Really the only things you can do are to have the panel completely repainted if it went all the way to paint or wet sand the ridges back and buff the snot out of it if it only ate clear and didn't make it to the paint.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Sorry man but if gas eats through pavement it is going to eat through paint.

Comment

What do you guys think the odds of getting my shop (which put on my tank three days ago) of paying for it. If they put the petcock on wrong...

I dunno, just really sucks is all

Comment

Well, as said before, you don't have anything to lose - but from what I know of shops around here, once you roll off the parking lot, they're clear!

Sorry :\
              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Well , if in fact they DID put the petcock on wrong , and they ain't d!cks .... maybe . Bummer .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I doubt they will cover it. They might though if they put the petcock in and did something stupid like not put the gasket in there or not tighten it all the way down.

Most decent shops though will take care of people who just had jobs done because they want you to tell all your friends to come see them. Unless it was outright their fault they probably wont do it for free but I'm sure you could get them to cut you a helluva deal.
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                  X