X

Diffrence in years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diffrence in years

Other then the taillight ,what is the diffrence in the fairings from 00 to 04-07? I found an injection moulded abs fairing kit but it's for an 04. I own an 00 .

First there isn't an 07 katana. Main fairings are the same the tail fairing and tail light changed in 03. After Market Chinese fairing don't fit 100% and are thinner than OEM fairings.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-21-2016, 07:36 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Triple tree is different, some of the electrics are different. Mostly minor changes, just means some parts aren't compatible.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Despite the wrong year listed on the parts, I plan on changing to the new tail light. I've watched numerous youtube videos praising certain companies for the aftermarket fairings. But what experience do you guys have with them.

Comment

Well.......they are Chinese knock offs, cheaply made. This should tell you something, OEM fairings will run you over a grand to buy new. Chinese fairings painted are as low as $300. Is eager have a busted up, repairable OEM set.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

The main difference in the plastics, is that the tail is different on the 03-06
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My set has been professional painted then rattle canned. I wanna clean it up and repaint. Buddy runs a body shop and said he would side job the paint for 500 if I strip them down. Only thing missing is the oil cover but that's 25 bucks on a parts site.

Comment

That would be my route
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  That would be my route
                  +1^^^^^^

Find your self an 03+ rear fairings and change the "bumble bee" tail light to the Busa style
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

So how do I strip these down without melting or prolonging the fact my bike will be naked? Or ride the ugly bastard until winter and make it a winter project?

Comment

$500 seems expensive if you are doing all the prep work yourself. Are you asking for some kinda specialty colors?

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

If there's no rash or body work to be done, just scuff sand the top coat so that the paint adheres correctly. I mean, if it's a real buddy why isn't he telling you how he wants them prepped?
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Change of plans. Got the bike home and the fairings are junk. But that's the least of my worries see my post in electrical

Comment

I do have two fairing repair kits left. They are yours if you want them. I don't charge KR MEMBERS for them.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Repair was in the rear view a few hundred miles ago. I inherited someone else's headache.

Comment

I can't give up on her. I'll take a stable at fixing her. Pm me for address I'll get you back on the flip side

Comment

Working...
                              X