X

Integrated taillight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated taillight

I'm installing an integrated tail light kit on my 03 750. Now here is my question: currently I'm running Kisan signal minder with running lights option [ turn signals are on while the bike is running], will I have to disable it before installing integtated light?
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

I would think so, or else those lights would be on all the time inside there, wouldn't they?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Any more suggestions? Anyone?

Comment

Put in red and green bulbs for Christmas.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Re: Integrated taillight

Originally posted by rotary13b
          I'm installing an integrated tail light kit on my 03 750. Now here is my question: currently I'm running Kisan signal minder with running lights option [ turn signals are on while the bike is running], will I have to disable it before installing integtated light?
          Ask the boys over a Kissan... they'll have the definitive answer. I think there may be some way of defeating or reconfiguring the rear issue.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

DO NOT USE BUTT CONNECTORS

Haggisman and I strictly used butt connectors when installing my integrator kit. After an hour of riding the bumps and vibrations caused a connection to snap. After the 5+ hour ride home several of the connections had either snapped, or had worked their way lose.

Take the time to solder all the connections together, and use heat shrink tubing. This is how mine turned out ( with extras )

Good Luck !!
            Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
            Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

nice arse Jackal!

Comment

Which integrator did you guys use?

I just stripped all the plastic off the Kat yesterday and was considering this mod rather than just going for some smaller rear signals.
                Kyle

Comment

I got mine from: clearalternatives.com. U can get a kit or if u have clear lens already they have the board alone for about $50.00

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                    Which integrator did you guys use?

I just stripped all the plastic off the Kat yesterday and was considering this mod rather than just going for some smaller rear signals.
                    I ordered this once from Custom Dynamics.

Only problem I have now is that I have main LED bulbs instead of stock bulbs, and extra LED direction lights. They don't draw near as much power as stock bulbs, hence the signals flash really fast thinking there is a bulb out. To fix this problem you may need to purchase a load equalizer.

Custom Dynamics specializes in LED motorcycle lighting, including brake lights, turn signals, and Harley Davidson motorcycle LED headlamps.

It's purpose is to draw more power so your signals flash at the right speed.
                    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Or, you can pick up an electronic flasher from NAPA for about six bucks and it will solve the problem
                      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                      MSF Rider Coach 27028
                      MoPowerSports.com
                      Torco
                      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                        Or, you can pick up an electronic flasher from NAPA for about six bucks and it will solve the problem
                        Got a part number?

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

On my 03 Kat when I went with LED turn signals the flasher did not work, and I tried different ones. I used same LED's on my truck with electronic flasher and they still were flashig fast. I used Kissan signal minder to solve that problem and I was using LED's front and back. If u don't want to spend the money u can go with resistors.
                          However the board from clearalternatives comes with equalizers and all hardware. Part# LED-18

Comment

Working...
                          X