X

Need ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas

Hey, what's up, everybody? So lately I have been driving myself nuts trying to figure out what I want to do with my 89 750. I really like the way it looks with full fairings but I'm also digging the more naked look. The only thing that I know I don't want is to go full on streetfighter. Also, with the fairings off, the tank looks odd sitting there because of the bottom, where it meets up with the fairing. I would like to keep the fairings but lop the fronts (the part ahead of the frame that leads to the headlight)off. I can't decide if that would look ridiculous or not. I do like some of the custom cut fairings that some have created that do at least cover the tank to frame gap, that I mentioned earlier as it also kind of gives something for the rear seat fairings to meet up with as I believe the rears look out of place by themselves. I do want to keep the entire frame as stock as possible. As far as the headlight and gauges I want to switch them up with something custom that looks good. I like the stock gauges and don't really want to change them up much. I like the analog gauges, as I believe most aftermarket digitals look kind of cheap, IMHO. I really kind of dig the old number plate look up front and would like some ideas of what everyone thinks might be kind of cool that I could also incorporate a headlight into. Well anyway I didn't really intend to ramble on this much but I guess I did. Any ideas for anything would be appreciated. Thank you

That would be a complete waste of a nice looking bike. Kat street fighters look like complete shit... My opinion.. If you want a Kat street fighter done right, sell it and buy a bandit..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah, I love the way it looks with the fairings too. I guess I was really just looking for a bit of a project. It looks a bit better than the pic as I have swapped the rear wheel to a the wider post style. Thank you junker, I would like to do something about that headlight though, I think it's probably my least favorite part of the bike.

Comment

There are options for that, even if you can find options there are options...

<------<<<<. Case in point.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah, your headlight setup looks really good. It looks very natural too

Comment

I agree with JUnker...Street fight kats don't look all that good. There is that one though, but dude poured time and money into it. I like your Kat the way it is. But agree the headlight and tail look very dated. Modify your headlight like Junker did and figure something out for the rear most section of the tail to make it more modern looking. That's all I would do

Comment

That bike is at least a work of art. Don't alter it. Maybe buy a ditch dog later and throw your mojo on it.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Make the world a better place...don't do it!!!

That looks like a pretty nice bike. I don't know about other places, but you sure don't see ones like that on the road near me...and there used to be a ton of them riding around.

I don't know about you, but I like to be complimented on my bike when I pull up somewhere. That bike as it sits will get WAY more praises than roaching it out as a street fighter. The lines of the bike suck without fairings.

You'd be surprised how many people will be glad to see that bike in its original trim. Expect plenty of glory days conversations and happy faces.

If you're dead set on doing a street fighter setup, look for a GS or other standard as a starting point.

Comment

I appreciate all the compliments. Thank you very much. I think I will just keep it the same. I do love the way it looks sitting there.

Comment

Working...
                  X