X

Engine side covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine side covers

Hey guys, just wondering what y'all would do about these engine side covers. On the right side the larger crankcase cover is starting to bubble the paint and the smaller one to the right of the crankcase is missing a large chunk of paint and is quite oxidized. Any suggestions on what to do with these?

Repaint them..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1. If they don't leak, just repaint.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

It kinda mind boggling when these simple questions show up. I see bubbling or chipping paint and say "I need to repaint that", it's not really a questionable thing......
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

If you don't know how to fix this issue, I wouldn't be turning wrenches anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            It kinda mind boggling when these simple questions show up. I see bubbling or chipping paint and say "I need to repaint that", it's not really a questionable thing......
            +1^^^^^
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

... Yeah
              Last edited by Rippsnorter; 04-25-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

That's what you should of asked. " I need to repaint these covers, what paint do you recommend?" The way you posted was ignorant. We would of recommended a high heat paint and good prep.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

I replaced mine with NRC covers - but you could also consider stripping and polishing them - if you have the required products and patience. The NRC's are bare, rough cast - I did not bother to paint or polish - just threw them on and ride her like a rented mule.
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

That's what you should of asked. " I need to repaint these covers, what paint do you recommend?" The way you posted was ignorant. We would of recommended a high heat paint and good prep.
                    Agreed, You didnt word the question towards "what are the best paints for aluminum" and "should I take care of an maintenance items with the covers off"

You question was very vauge, and for you to basically blow up about it shows a lot also about who you are...

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                      I replaced mine with NRC covers - but you could also consider stripping and polishing them - if you have the required products and patience. The NRC's are bare, rough cast - I did not bother to paint or polish - just threw them on and ride her like a rented mule.
                      +1, I have them also. Much thicker than OEM SO, they can take a drop or two.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Rippsnorter View Post
                        Hey guys, just wondering what y'all would do about these engine side covers. On the right side the larger crankcase cover is starting to bubble the paint and the smaller one to the right of the crankcase is missing a large chunk of paint and is quite oxidized. Any suggestions on what to do with these?
                        Where in here^^^^^ does it say what you asked here?
                        [QUOTE]You know what? All you self righteous fucking douchebags can go fuck yourselves. Was looking for for constructive input than a bunch of high horse riding cocksuckers jumping in and saying paint it. Of fucking course it needs paint. But I was looking for that tip for cleaning and preventing future oxidation, the best paint you've had experience with on aluminum, what I should check while I have that cover off. But no, just couldn't help but be a bunch of fucking douchebags. Good job guys.[QUOTE]

You asked a vague question you got a vague answer, so you can go "fuck yourself" or ask the right question
                        2002 750 Kat
                        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800

Comment

Easy, Dano.....
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Easy, Dano.....
                            Yeah I know , but I thought I was some what polite about it
                            2002 750 Kat
                            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800

Comment

Hey guys, sorry bout that. Had a bad day that day and the comments just rubbed me wrong. That's not me. My bad. Thanks for the suggestion on the thicker side covers, I'll check those out

Comment

Working...
                              X