Wheel color....Pls Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel color....Pls Help

Hey guys....me again.
    Just got my fairings back from the body shop....all freshly painted high gloss black. Now to decide wheel color choice. This is where I need your opinions on wild color choices for rims and if you think these bikes are sporty enough to rock it.
    2002 750 Kat.....I would love to go Ninja green or fluorescent orange....but am afraid our bikes couldn't pull it off.
    What are your thoughts?

If anyone has pictures of their own bike with funky colored rims, please post them.

I like mine the best....
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      I like mine the best....
      I don't get it....what color are yours?

Comment

Black center, polished lip with red pin stripe just on the edge of the black at the polished lip.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Black center, polished lip with red pin stripe just on the edge of the black at the polished lip.
          http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...psshgjifnj.jpg
          Looks good bro....I really like the polished lip. What steps did you do to get it to that shine and did you clear coat it afterwards?

Comment

Stripped the entire wheel, easy actually, polished the lip with a scotch brite red pad, then green pad and finally a grey pad. Taped the lip off, primed and painted the center, pin stripe then cleared the whole wheel.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I've seen guys do something similar to junkers method. Only difference is instead of taping a big section they line it with decals then paint it. Afterwards you use a razor to get it started and peel them off. Viola, polished metal on painted rims. After that you just clear coat. You can do it on almost anything, not just wheels.

Another method is you could paint it green, apply decals, paint it black then use a heat gun to warm up the decals just to play it safe in the event it might pull up the green paint. Get it started with the razor, peel off and you have black rims with green decals.

You could always have decals custom made but where's the fun in that?
              '92 GSX600F Bobber
              sigpic

Comment

Stripped the entire wheel, easy actually, polished the lip with a scotch brite red pad, then green pad and finally a grey pad. Taped the lip off, primed and painted the center, pin stripe then cleared the whole wheel.
                Thanks for the advice. I went with you suggestion and now that its done, I am so happy you chimed in. Finally finished the rear wheel. Went with Paint stripper, red scotch pad, then wet sanded with 800, 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper. Then attacked it with 2 stages of polish. And now the dish looks like chrome. Lots of work, but I like making things shiny. Cant wait until the bike is assembled.
                Thanks Junker

Comment

Pictures?
                  '92 GSX600F Bobber
                  sigpic

Comment

See post 4, should look like that.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 03-21-2016, 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That is a superior looking wheel. My highest respect and admiration.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thanks Zuma

Kind of a crappy pic, but this is during stripping
                          Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 03-21-2016, 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I did the same thing myself on a new red 06 750 Kat. I can appreciate the labor it required.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                              I did the same thing myself on a new red 06 750 Kat. I can appreciate the labor it required.
                              Ahh...a red Kat! Would like to see a red kat with polished rims. Any pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X