X

Buy Fairings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Fairings

Where can i go to purchase some fairings that are of good quality? All I find is the the chinese stuff, and heard that its not worth much in quality. Im looking for complete sets.

Ronayers.com bikebandit.com eBay.com they are damn expensive if you buy OEM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

EBay best bet, but they won't be in perfect condition.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I really like what I have on my bike but I have some damaged pieces. Like the under fairing and so on. I cannot find anything to match paint and design to what I have. So I'm thinking about getting a new set.

Comment

I ended up plastic welding my cracked lower fairing and used finishing glaze putty to fill in the panel smooth. Touched some other minor areas around the bike with the same finishing putty and now its ready for paint. If you would rather buy the set and be done, I say go for it...Chinese or not. I would do the Chinese set if I were you. Its cheap and not labor intensive. You can always modify the fitment. After all, even if its not a perfect fit who cares?! Its a cheap bike...no need to spend $1000 on fairings. If you are going for a full restore and you are really keen on these bikes, then I would either repair your original fairings or buy the good set. But I don't see the point. These bikes aren't worth it in value to spend that kind of money on it. You will never see a return on $1000 fairings vs. Chinese fairings.
          Just make sure it runs good, smooth and is safe to ride. That's where you want to spend your hard earned money

Comment

Do you recommend any specific paint that looks good. Something close to a factory look.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathon1 View Post
              Do you recommend any specific paint that looks good. Something close to a factory look.
              Go to an automotive body supply store in your area. They will have a thousand colors of paint to choose from. Find the colour, write down the paint code and manufacturer, give it to paint guy and have him/her spray it on.

Comment

If I were to buy new fairings I would have to get the tank painted to match?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathon1 View Post
                  If I were to buy new fairings I would have to get the tank painted to match?
                  Depends. Some People leave it the original color if it works with the new fairings. Especially the guys with Black bikes. Black goes with everything. I'm going from an all matte black bike to gloss Black, so I will be painting my tank. Might look odd with the tank a flat black while the rest of the bike is high gloss black.

Comment

Working...
                  X