Help: Need color suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Need color suggestions

Hey guys,

Going to paint my matte black 2002 750 Katana, but cant decide on a color. I really would like to go with a high gloss black, but am worried about not being seen easily. And on the flip side, I am not a fan of white on these bikes.
    If you could go with a color of your choice, what would it be? Pictures of kats with your color choice would be much appreciated.
    And to all those with black bikes; what's your personal experience with being visible vs. not very visible?
    The colors I like are apparently hard to see on bikes such as granite, silver and black.

Gloss black... Color has little to do with being seen. You need to make yourself be seen. Proper road position, brutes on during the day and be attentive to traffic around you.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I rode to the Dragon from West Texas on a red and black Ninja one summer and on a blue black ZZR1200 the next summer. No difference in visibility as far as I could tell. I eventually duded up the fairings with metallic turquoise paint and did my helmet in the same metallic turquoise, and people commented on seeing me from miles away...very flat country.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Mine is a burnt orange copper color.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Gloss black... Color has little to do with being seen. You need to make yourself be seen. Proper road position, brutes on during the day and be attentive to traffic around you.

Going to go with Gloss Black. Looks the best. Thanks man

Originally posted by zuma View Post
          I rode to the Dragon from West Texas on a red and black Ninja one summer and on a blue black ZZR1200 the next summer. No difference in visibility as far as I could tell. I eventually duded up the fairings with metallic turquoise paint and did my helmet in the same metallic turquoise, and people commented on seeing me from miles away...very flat country.

I was crossed on having a nice high gloss black bike, which is what I really wanted or having a very bright color like white, yellow or red. I am not a guy that likes to attract attention which is exactly what a bright color would do. But at the same time I was worried about blending in too much and not being seen easily by traffic. Did some research and it is apparent that a bright color does get seen much easier, but it also makes the cops think your a "racer" at the same time. I know this from experience with having a bright sporty car. Lots of negative attention. So that being said, I will be going with black

Originally posted by Kat Floyd View Post
          Mine is a burnt orange copper color.

My buddy already has a bright orange Katana...he would just think I am copying him..LoL Looks good tho

Comment

Ok I would say red because it is the fastest color on the planet, less wind resistance

Kidding good choice with the Gloss Black.
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

I got both colors so, I can haul azz.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                I got both colors so, I can haul azz.

Comment

Black FTW!! (im not biased or anything, only 3/3 of my bikes are black...)
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                    Black FTW!! (im not biased or anything, only 3/3 of my bikes are black...)

Comment

Pearl white met flake with scarlet to maroon trim. You will be the cat's pajamas.. The virtual Ruler of the Daddios, the King of the Jungle Jive.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Black. See sig.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X