Aftermarket Install

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Install

Hello All,

Before I begin with my question, I would like to thank "Special_K" for his post quoted below with helped me alot!

2003-2006
    All plastics, 600 & 750, totally interchangable. This is the model with the GSXR-like front fender and one piece rear tail.

NOTE: 1998-2006 plastics, 600 & 750, tanks, main fairings, belly pans are interchangable! Only the front fenders and the tails changed!

The tail sections from the 03-06 models will FIT the 98-02 models, but they require a different tail light and should use the rear under fender from the 03-06 models as well to fit right. This mod also requires a small flat plastic spacer piece under the tail which was not needed on the 98-02 models.

Basically I have recently purchased and aftermarket bodykit from China, the quality is brilliant and they have used heatsheilding and used injection molding on the kit. My Katana (aka GSX600F in the UK) was registered in 2003, however it seems to be a 2002 model. The kit tail section is obviously different as it seems to need to later tail light rather than the bubble-looking one.

I have one piece of equipment that I have NO idea what its for... but wondering if it is the "rear fender" that Special_K mentioned in the above post? Please see my amateur youtube unboxing video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0rS5MGgIwc 8:11 to see the item I am referring to. TBH I have no idea what most of the plastics are for at the start of the video lol!

Thanks in advance guys,

Happy Riding!

I believe the part you are referring to is the part that goes below the headlight.
    (part #22 http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...7705#sch250970 )

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I think you're right, thanks

Just wondering if I need to purchase the rear fender/undertray to fit my new rear lights properly or can I just drill through the pre 2002 fender plastics and fit the 2003> rear lights?

Comment

Originally posted by gogglez View Post
        Just wondering if I need to purchase the rear fender/undertray to fit my new rear lights properly or can I just drill through the pre 2002 fender plastics and fit the 2003> rear lights?
        That should not be necessary, it should work as is. Only things I remember needing to go from the 02 (bumblebee light) to the newer 03 (Busa style) is the bracket (part #14) and light assembly (part#1). http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...7678#sch503724

Comment

Hmmm... trying to find that for the UK is a nightmare lol.

I havent seen ANY Katanas around apart from mine

Comment

Hmmm... trying to find that for the UK is a nightmare lol.

I havent seen ANY Katanas around apart from mine
            Part #1 tail light assembly is the same and interchangeable with the Hayabusa 1998 - 2007, the bracket (part# 14) is katana specific.

Comment

Thanks again, I contacted my Suzuki Dealer and they are seeing if they can source the bracket as we dont have later models of my bike like the states do..

On a side note... I have completed my fairing build (12 hours labour) and ill include some photos!

Before:

After:

Comment

Does Bikebandit not ship to the UK? How about CMSNL?

1997 GSX750F

Comment

CMS seems to ship internationally, thanks very much - placed my order

Comment

Thanks again, I contacted my Suzuki Dealer and they are seeing if they can source the bracket as we dont have later models of my bike like the states do..

On a side note... I have completed my fairing build (12 hours labour) and ill include some photos!

Before:

After:
                    https://gyazo.com/c43cb2f1f62d67f962a64e520e3b9a9f
                    Hey gogglez,

I liked your unboxing of the complete fairing from EZMOTO. I recently lowsided my 1998 750F and I am now considering used or new fairing. Do you want to sell your old fairing? And if not do you want to share some more details on the 12 hour labour of replacing the old with the new?

Best regards
                    Max
                    Armour up or die! Sweat washes off, roadrash don't!

Comment

Working...
                    X